Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-25-2018, 03:45 PM   #16

Resurrecting this old thread because I just recently purchased a K-50 and a Toshiba FlashAir card to go with it....but I have NOT been able to get the FlashAir's wifi working. I downloaded the Toshiba app for my iphone and have tried everything I can think of but no dice. And, of course, the 'EyeFi' option in the Pentax's menu is grayed/unavailable. I've seen others saying that the FlashAir cards work perfectly with the K-50, as well. So if anyone could tip me off as to what I'm missing here I'd be very, very grateful. (The mobi cards are SOOOO much more expensive!)

Hopefully, someone will see this resurrected thread. *fingers crossed*

Thanks!

01-28-2018, 11:06 AM   #17

Original Poster
Hi there

You can't use your K-50's EyeFi option with a Toshiba FlashAir card.
The availability of the card's WiFi is switched through the lock on the \DCIM\100__TSB\FA000001.JPG image on the card :

Great explanation can be found on Olympus dedicated Q&A page.

Which version is your card ? Mine is W-03.
Did you format it ? If you did, whether it's from PC or camera, you may have to use the configuration software to restore required files.
For further downloads, you can check this official page.

Hope this helps.
Best regards.
Alexis.