Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2015, 03:16 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
K-50 flash problems

I have a friend who has an almost new K-50 "Storm Trooper." We both are K-50 fans, so we share about the same knowledge of the in's and out's of how to work it. He just called me saying that his flash would not work. He has a freshly charged battery in it. When the flash is popped up, it will not fire. I had him change the program setting from his normal AV setting. Still will not fire, regardless of what program it is set on. I had him remove and replace the battery. No flash. I had him turn off the camera and then back on. Still no flash.

The flash has always worked as advertised and he has made no internal changes within the camera.

Is there any "magic solution" to this malady that any of you might be able and/or willing to pass on?

Color me confused!

12-26-2015, 05:43 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Try going into the Flash Mode menu from the 4 way controller check what it is set for there. Also try (for grins) using Tv and setting the shutter to under 1/180th. Perhaps 1/125th? If that does not work try the SCN mode and night portrait mode. I think that mode uses flash.
12-26-2015, 06:22 PM   #3
Pentaxian

If the camera is in auto mode, it will determine if it needs to fire the flash or not if the flash is set to auto. There are additional flash settings when you press the flash button next to the LCD screen. You have to set the flash to always fire to get it to fire. You'll know what I mean once you press that button.