Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-01-2016, 02:05 PM   #1

Turn off photo preview?

I was wondering if there was a way to turn off the preview that pops up after I take a picture. I'm trying to bracket photos and it's a minor annoyance that I can't change the f-stop until the preview goes away..

02-01-2016, 02:10 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
On my K-50, camera menu page 4. Instant Review. You can turn it off or change the time.

Welcome to the forum!
02-01-2016, 02:54 PM   #3
amateur dirt farmer...

Photos: Gallery | Albums
there is, but I don't have my K-50 manual handy.... and it'll do wonders for your battery life...
02-01-2016, 05:26 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Welcome to the Pentax Forums!

See page 215 in the user guide under "Setting the Display for Instant Review" to get a full explanations of your options.

Steve

02-01-2016, 05:57 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by UnoriginalGMan Quote
I was wondering if there was a way to turn off the preview that pops up after I take a picture. I'm trying to bracket photos and it's a minor annoyance that I can't change the f-stop until the preview goes away..
Agreed with how much of a difference it makes on battery usage. Probably worth turning off if you don't need it.

But as an alternative, if you simply want to get at the ability to change f-stop are quickly; you can just half-press the shutter button very quickly. Hopefully the K-50 behaves similarly to other models I've used. The preview should go away immediately on half-button press.

It might be quick way to get at the functionality you want without completely turning off the preview.
02-01-2016, 07:27 PM   #6
Forum Member

Well, if a full second is too long for you, just touch the shutter button. Gone.
02-02-2016, 07:55 AM   #7

Original Poster
now I feel silly. I looked through the settings but couldn't find it on my own. Thanks very much!
02-02-2016, 03:08 PM   #8
Site Supporter

now I feel silly. I looked through the settings but couldn't find it on my own. Thanks very much!

After a few years of handling inquiries, one gets pretty good at "mining" the manual to find the answers.

Steve

02-03-2016, 09:45 AM   #9
Forum Member

Just had a similar "blind as a bat" moment here a week ago about customizing JPEG contrast, etc. A kind soul pointed out how to do it.

Modern cameras, as I've learned, are exceedingly complex in terms of the menu options. Even when one has the full manual printed out, things can escape us. Or, the most frustrating, "I KNOW I saw a screen to change that! Where is it?"