Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-12-2016, 06:43 AM   #1

K50 Continuous mode

Hi,

I recently noticed that my K50 only takes 3-4 pics when I hold down the shutter button in continuous mode. Is this normal for it to do so?

Thanks in advance!

02-12-2016, 06:54 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
What lens is used and which focus mode is used (AF-C, AF-S or MF)?
02-12-2016, 06:54 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What picture quality are you shooting at? If, like me, you take highest-quality jpegs at maximum megapixels, you're going to fill the buffer faster. First step - select minimum megapixels and lowest quality jpegs, and see if that changes anything. If it does, you're going to have to experiment and find a happy medium between megapixels, quality and number of shots you can get off.
02-12-2016, 07:09 AM   #4

Original Poster
Using the 55-200mm WR Kit lens.

I tried the lowest 5MP JPEG mode but it still shoots 3 pictures and then stops. The led indicator at the bottom keeps on blinking orange. I did a reset and that fixed things for 5 mins - the camera would take pics continuously but then it slows down to 3 pics a shot. Is this normal behavior for the K50?

Tried the 18-55mm lens as well and same result. Any suggestions? The camera is just a month old!

02-12-2016, 07:17 AM   #5
Pentaxian

The next thing to investigate is the memory card you are using - what is its write speed? Many of the SD cards coming out now have the ability to take the data as fast as any current Pentax camera can write it, but if yours is older or a lesser type, that may not be the case. Orange light blinking means the camera is busy writing to the card.

The reset fix sounds odd, though. Something's not right here. If the memory card isn't the problem and the size of files being shoved across isn't the problem, I have to admit to being out of my depth.
02-12-2016, 07:33 AM   #6
Forum Member

Does the camera really stop after 3 images or does it slow down massively?

If it just slows down you have to turn off all automatic lens corrections, shadow corrections, noise reduction and so on to get the full approx. 8 images before it slows down.

If it stops doing anything i would agree with the others, card problem. At least my K50 keeps on shooting until the card is full but at a low frame rate.

Or maybe you activated bracketing mode by accident? Similar stuff happened to me more than once
02-12-2016, 08:58 AM - 1 Like   #7

Original Poster
As bewatek said, I had activated bracketing by mistake and completely overlooked it for a long time! All is well with my K50 once again.

Totally overwhelmed by the speedy responses that I got here!!! Its actually like talking to you guys in real time and I know that getting a Pentax Camera was worth it with such an awesome community to consult!!! Thank you all for your valuable responses!

02-12-2016, 12:48 PM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Bewatek Quote
Or maybe you activated bracketing mode by accident?
QuoteOriginally posted by shanx Quote
As bewatek said, I had activated bracketing by mistake and completely overlooked it for a long time!
Nice pick there, Bewatek!!
03-07-2016, 09:21 AM   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by shanx Quote
As bewatek said, I had activated bracketing by mistake and completely overlooked it for a long time! All is well with my K50 once again.

Totally overwhelmed by the speedy responses that I got here!!! Its actually like talking to you guys in real time and I know that getting a Pentax Camera was worth it with such an awesome community to consult!!! Thank you all for your valuable responses!
Just got my K50 and am reading most of the old threads. I AGREE COMPLETELY. This is the best, fastest, and friendliest forum I have ever participated in!

Jack