Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-15-2016, 02:29 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Super-impose images with the K-50?

Is it possible to superimpose photos (one on top of the other) with either the K-50 or the K-30? If so, can someone please take my by my frail, old hand and lead me down this path?

Wait while I grab my cane.... and I'll follow you.

02-15-2016, 03:34 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Multiple exposures aren't supported in-camera for those models, but you can always combine in post. The K-S2 as well as all flagships since the K-7 do support multiple exposures in the drive mode menu.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-15-2016, 05:05 AM - 2 Likes   #3

Photos: Albums
Yes you can,

My first post here, and I'm disagreeing with Adam.... Doesn't bode well for the future does it !

Yes, both the k-30 & K-50 support multi exposures, but it's not as sophisticated as the later models, nor maybe what you are after.

You can combine up to 9 shots to produce one exposure. I've used it to blur water when forgetting my ND filters and had reasonable success 'removing' people from a crowded scene.

To access the feature:
  • Press the menu button and navigate to Rec mode 2 (that's the 2nd tab/page of the little camera icon menu)
  • (Tip: Front wheel will move along the icons and the back wheel will move along the pages within the current icon)
  • Take the third option down (Multi-Exposure)
  • Select the number of shots required (2 - 9)
  • I tend to tick 'Auto EV adjustment' too
  • Move up and select 'Start Shooting' (Don't miss this step!)
  • Press the shutter as normal for the required number of shots, after which the camera will go away and combine them and show you the final result, then return to the setup screen described above.

During a multi exposure you can hit the 'LV' button to start the capture again or the 'menu' button to stop the capture and combine what ever you have taken up to that point.

Hitting the menu button twice takes you back to normal camera function.

For reference: K-30 manual - Page 126.

Regards,
Michael.