Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-17-2016, 03:01 PM   #181
Pentaxian
richandfleur's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Palmerston North, New Zealand
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,003
QuoteOriginally posted by niceshot Quote
on the aperture control block you just need to replace the motor or replace the whole thing.

Thanks. Is this aperture motor a standard part one can order separately from the likes of aliexpress etc?

07-17-2016, 03:05 PM   #182
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2014
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 723
here is the link Pentax K 7 Digital SLR Replacement Mirror Motor Repair Part New Genuine | eBay
07-17-2016, 03:40 PM   #183
Pentaxian
richandfleur's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Palmerston North, New Zealand
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,003
Thanks


Still haven't had time to sit through the epic threads on this aperture problem root cause.

Is the motor linked to above a solution for this? Just that it refers to being a shutter motor, which in my case the shutter still works fine. Recall posts suggesting they are linked, but other make reference to electro magnetic solenoids sticking etc.
07-20-2016, 01:14 AM   #184
Pentaxian
richandfleur's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Palmerston North, New Zealand
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,003
Absolutely gutted this evening. Having been right through to the aperture magnetic solenoid component, I found the top FPC connector broken, so couldn't correctly reattached the top ribbon cable.
As a result the top plate dials, such as the mode control and live view button etc don't work.
Had disconnected to avoid breaking the ribbon, as I'd heard it was fragile, but am now unable to connect the ribbon back.


Huge waste of time, and I can't contribute if my aperture solenoid tweaking actually had a positive result


Personally, for anyone else considering this, I don't necessarily think you need to disconnect either the cable or desolder the flash side wires either, to proceed further down and remove the front plate.

07-20-2016, 01:40 AM   #185
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2014
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 723
QuoteOriginally posted by richandfleur Quote
Absolutely gutted this evening. Having been right through to the aperture magnetic solenoid component, I found the top FPC connector broken, so couldn't correctly reattached the top ribbon cable.
As a result the top plate dials, such as the mode control and live view button etc don't work.
Had disconnected to avoid breaking the ribbon, as I'd heard it was fragile, but am now unable to connect the ribbon back.


Huge waste of time, and I can't contribute if my aperture solenoid tweaking actually had a positive result


Personally, for anyone else considering this, I don't necessarily think you need to disconnect either the cable or desolder the flash side wires either, to proceed further down and remove the front plate.
When you say you found the FPC broken Plz elaborate. As far as the ribbon cable I broke mine cus I didnt disconnect it. Y ou should be able to slide it back it unless somehow you damage the socket. Use a magnifying glass and look for a tab usually white and slide it up put your ribbon in and push the tab back down.
07-20-2016, 01:43 AM   #186
Pentaxian
richandfleur's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Palmerston North, New Zealand
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,003
No the socket is damaged. Ribbon is fine, but cannot be seated correctly/reliably any more.
07-20-2016, 02:00 AM   #187
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2014
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 723
QuoteOriginally posted by richandfleur Quote
No the socket is damaged. Ribbon is fine, but cannot be seated correctly/reliably any more.
did the tab get ruined? some times the things are tricky. I had one where you couldnt tell it was connected but it was.
07-20-2016, 02:43 AM   #188
Pentaxian
richandfleur's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Palmerston North, New Zealand
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,003
There is a tiny 1mm section that has come off the socket. The socket is broken and the cable can no longer align or seat properly. Which rather stuffs it, but is a lesson at least for others.

07-20-2016, 02:58 AM   #189
New Member




Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 3
I have been reading this after be thoroughly disgusted by the lack of support for this known problem by Pentax. Last nigh I decided to take my K-50 apart and have a look(nothing to loose). I noticed the electro magnet on the right side of the lens and I wiggled the white gear. The camera will work after doing this but only for a few hours then it quiets again. I assume I need to replace the motor in the link above?

Thanks
Mike
07-20-2016, 03:14 AM   #190
Pentaxian
richandfleur's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Palmerston North, New Zealand
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,003
I just say the whole thing could have been handled better for sure. All brands have issues, but it's what they do about it that counts.

I feel the same when I read of other brands brining new features and capabilities to their products years later via free firmware upgrades...
07-20-2016, 01:01 PM   #191
New Member




Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 3
So if I replace the motor with the one above will that take care of it?
07-20-2016, 02:51 PM   #192
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2014
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 723
QuoteOriginally posted by mt92 Quote
So if I replace the motor with the one above will that take care of it?
It is a major job, to get to that aperture motor,. First you need to disassemble it all the way down to the mirror box. That means the t100 board has to come off followed by the shake reduction block followed by the shutter block and remove the battery compartment and then raise the mirror by giving the motor 2 volts and then carefully removing the aperture block and whilist you are there just replace the whole damn thing along with the shutter. unless you like these little hobbies, it is best to avoid it and leave well enough alone. Also you better be an expert micro solderer.
07-20-2016, 07:18 PM   #193
Site Supporter
Nakedgun's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Southwest
Posts: 540
QuoteOriginally posted by niceshot Quote
It is a major job, to get to that aperture motor,. First you need to disassemble it all the way down to the mirror box. That means the t100 board has to come off followed by the shake reduction block followed by the shutter block and remove the battery compartment and then raise the mirror by giving the motor 2 volts and then carefully removing the aperture block and whilist you are there just replace the whole damn thing along with the shutter. unless you like these little hobbies, it is best to avoid it and leave well enough alone. Also you better be an expert micro solderer.

I'd say replacing my V-8 timing belt a blindfold job, by comparison.
07-21-2016, 02:55 AM   #194
New Member




Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 3
Does working on the magnetic latch as illustrated in the beginning of this thread do any good?
07-22-2016, 12:13 PM   #195
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 184
Those of you who have had this kind of problems with your K30/50...please click on the link to answer the poll

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/151-pentax-k-30-k-50/325832-poll-establis...re-issues.html
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
aperture, aperture block failue, block, block failue repair, camera, cameras, cost, details, failue repair solution, failure, forum, k-30, k-50, k-50 aperture block, mount, nikon, pentax k30, pentax k50, plate, post, repair, results, russian, translator, union, warranty
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted - Acquired: KatzEye Focus Screen for K-3 (K-3, K-5, K-5II, K-7, K-30, K-50, K-500), New or LN fwcetus Sold Items 15 05-07-2016 08:01 PM
Why A K-S1 Instead Of The K-50 / K-30? I'm A Pentaxian Pentax K-S1 & K-S2 71 12-24-2015 03:50 AM
Wanted - Acquired: Wanted K-30/K-50/K-500/K-r 12345 Sold Items 13 09-12-2015 09:51 AM
For Sale - Sold: Focusingscreens.com EE-S Screen for K-3, K-5, K-5II, K-7, K-30, K-50 & K-500 Aperturae Sold Items 6 10-06-2014 06:49 AM
For Sale - Sold: KatzEye Split-Prism Focusing Screen - for K-3, K-5, K-5II, K-7, K-30, K-50 & K-500 chickentender Sold Items 7 04-15-2014 08:35 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:22 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top