Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-27-2016, 01:30 PM   #61
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by IgorZ Quote
I hope you are taking pictures as you go along...
yes but it may not be the magnet

05-27-2016, 01:34 PM   #62

QuoteOriginally posted by niceshot Quote
yes but it may not be the magnet
Never mind, Iīm sure itīll be good to learn...
05-27-2016, 02:18 PM   #63
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JoseFF Quote
Never mind, Iīm sure itīll be good to learn...
I have it apart but my problem is not the actuator is is the shutter curtain and mirror motor , i mistakenly thought this little guy controlled it but its not true
05-27-2016, 02:22 PM   #64

I have it apart but my problem is not the actuator is is the shutter curtain and mirror motor , i mistakenly thought this little guy controlled it but its not true
It means that the electromagnet only controls the aperture stop?

05-27-2016, 02:32 PM   #65
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
The old-fashioned way to discharge a flash capacitor it is to touch a screwdriver across the leads and let it go POP! A better way is to put some resistive load on it like a voltmeter with a high DC voltage setting. (the fellow who used a lamp and a voltmeter was really protecting the lamp with the voltmeter, rather than vice versa)
The K10D service manual says to use a 100-1K ohm resistor. I would use a 1-3 watt min 400v ceramic resistor in that range.
05-27-2016, 02:45 PM   #66
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JoseFF Quote
It means that the electromagnet only controls the aperture stop?
yes it mean it only controls the aperture lever and nothing else, what they mean is to clean the hole where the so called anchor block goes into . personally i would just give it a slight dab of oil and call it a day. mine is a different problem . Having said that if random dark frames are the problem this is an easy fix, hovere I can not verify if it works cause I have a shutter curtain promlem
05-27-2016, 05:38 PM   #67
Veteran Member

yes it mean it only controls the aperture lever and nothing else, what they mean is to clean the hole where the so called anchor block goes into . personally i would just give it a slight dab of oil and call it a day. mine is a different problem . Having said that if random dark frames are the problem this is an easy fix, hovere I can not verify if it works cause I have a shutter curtain promlem
So what's the problem exactly? Maybe I can find something on that Russian Pentax forum.
05-27-2016, 05:55 PM   #68

So what's the problem exactly? Maybe I can find something on that Russian Pentax forum.
See your mail

05-27-2016, 06:00 PM   #69
Site Supporter

H i either the shutter curtain is jammed or the mirror motor is non functional. I need to take it back apart tomorrow and put 2 volts of electric across it to see if it is the motor . Had enough for today
05-27-2016, 08:41 PM   #70
Veteran Member

H i either the shutter curtain is jammed or the mirror motor is non functional. I need to take it back apart tomorrow and put 2 volts of electric across it to see if it is the motor . Had enough for today
So the shutter doesn't work? Maybe if you described the symptoms, it might be easier to sort it out this way... Judging by the discussion on that forum, people post their symptoms and try to solve them.
05-27-2016, 11:28 PM   #71

Original Poster
It's great to see you working on dslr repair solutions. I think that about 50% of all defective cameras could be repaired by the informed amateur becuse they are not completely worn out or need parts but only suffer from a loosend screw or a soldered wire that broke of. The problem is the "...informed amateur..". There is really little information available on camara repair and so everybody has to start at zero, which is not an option for most people. Cameras have always been expensive and most people tend to just put a broken camera in the cupboard in the unrealistic hope that maybe someday a wonder might happen and it might work again. In reality camera technology develops quickly and you either get in running again now or never. Since this little needle file problem of a K-30 is able to render a great camera worthless there is really a big motivation to develop repair solutions and the risk is zero (apart form the condensator...). It is important to document them, to make others able to evaluate wheter the repair is feasible for them, and to store the information so that it can be accessed.

I especially like the international cooperation that has lead to this thread: I'm a German, the Russians have done great research work, and I'm sure you here will have a clarified and documented repair solution in English language ready soon. It is so much better to look what can be done for another than against another.

Now we only need somebody with a broken K-30 / K-50 and a couple of screw drivers to get ahead.
05-28-2016, 03:10 AM   #72
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Altglas Quote
It's great to see you working on dslr repair solutions. I think that about 50% of all defective cameras could be repaired by the informed amateur becuse they are not completely worn out or need parts but only suffer from a loosend screw or a soldered wire that broke of. The problem is the "...informed amateur..". There is really little information available on camara repair and so everybody has to start at zero, which is not an option for most people. Cameras have always been expensive and most people tend to just put a broken camera in the cupboard in the unrealistic hope that maybe someday a wonder might happen and it might work again. In reality camera technology develops quickly and you either get in running again now or never. Since this little needle file problem of a K-30 is able to render a great camera worthless there is really a big motivation to develop repair solutions and the risk is zero (apart form the condensator...). It is important to document them, to make others able to evaluate wheter the repair is feasible for them, and to store the information so that it can be accessed.

I especially like the international cooperation that has lead to this thread: I'm a German, the Russians have done great research work, and I'm sure you here will have a clarified and documented repair solution in English language ready soon. It is so much better to look what can be done for another than against another.

Now we only need somebody with a broken K-30 / K-50 and a couple of screw drivers to get ahead.
Listen is was easy for me to get to the point of lubricating that magnet Here is how is goes, remove the bottom remove the top peel off the rubber boots on the front of the camera and take out the appropriate screws and pull out the front and you are their. As far as I can tell by either cleaning that hole or lubricating it removes the resistance and will probable work but in my case it is most likely the shutter block.
05-28-2016, 05:11 AM   #73

Presumably, the results of this thread can be documented on the repairs and maintenance articles section of this forum. It is a pity, but perhaps understandable, that the service manuals are not made available. I have found the manuals for various computers to be very helpful in undertaking simple diy repairs. The trick is to acknowledge the limits of your own ability.

Colin
05-28-2016, 05:16 AM - 1 Like   #74
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by nicolpa47 Quote
Presumably, the results of this thread can be documented on the repairs and maintenance articles section of this forum. It is a pity, but perhaps understandable, that the service manuals are not made available. I have found the manuals for various computers to be very helpful in undertaking simple diy repairs. The trick is to acknowledge the limits of your own ability.

Colin
there is a manual available for the Pentax k-30 ,just I had to pay 13 dollars for it
05-28-2016, 05:33 AM   #75

Thanks for the information - I'd done a web search and found nothing. I presume it was a web download from Ricoh US. I'm in UK.

Colin