Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-01-2016, 07:19 AM   #106

QuoteOriginally posted by IgorZ Quote
Do you mean the front sides in the photograph above? The word they used in Russian can only refer to the narrowest part, so it would be the edge #3 in the picture. It also makes sense, since the magnet is on top.
Well... I donīt know. See the new picture attached, I am indicating the direction of the arms movement. If that direction is correct, the friction should be on sides 1, 2 and front sides (faces) but I am only an architect ...not a technician...
IgorZ could you please consult this with our Russian friends? I have decided to stop using my camera before the motor is affected and... by the way thank them on my behalf for the effort they have made.

Attached Images

06-01-2016, 07:27 AM   #107
Veteran Member

My understanding is that it is not really friction that's the problem. Residual magnetism builds up over time in the armature, and then the field generated by the electric magnet is not strong enough to pull the arms away from the magnet on top. That's why they file those edges on top to create microscopic gaps.
06-01-2016, 08:16 AM   #108

My understanding is that it is not really friction that's the problem. Residual magnetism builds up over time in the armature, and then the field generated by the electric magnet is not strong enough to pull the arms away from the magnet on top. That's why they file those edges on top to create microscopic gaps.
But I understand that some of them were solving the problem with lubricant (judged as not a permanent solution though) can a lubricant create a micro gap?
06-01-2016, 11:38 AM   #109
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
you sound like you have it right I agree file off the top of the horse shoe this way it break the magnetic lock

---------- Post added 06-01-16 at 02:39 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by JoseFF Quote
But I understand that some of them were solving the problem with lubricant (judged as not a permanent solution though) can a lubricant create a micro gap?
Igoz is correct I agree with him, it will break the magnetic lock

06-01-2016, 12:02 PM   #110
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by niceshot Quote
you sound like you have it right I agree file off the top of the horse shoe this way it break the magnetic lock

---------- Post added 06-01-16 at 02:39 PM ----------

Igoz is correct I agree with him, it will break the magnetic lock
Has any one actually demonstrated this magnetism? Paper clips? Filings?

Steve
06-01-2016, 12:06 PM   #111
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Has any one actually demonstrated this magnetism? Paper clips? Filings?

Steve
Steve I had mine apart it is definatley magnetic lock. the idea is to remove a littoff of the top to reduce the magnet lock and of coarse clean it ,.. NEXT
06-01-2016, 01:38 PM   #112

Steve I had mine apart it is definatley magnetic lock. the idea is to remove a littoff of the top to reduce the magnet lock and of coarse clean it ,.. NEXT
IgorZ in one of your translations you wrote: "Basically the guy took armature arms and filed the front and and back of it.....He thought all that was needed was to create some space between the armature arms and the magnet..... My understanding is that he is talking about the front part that you can see, as well as the back of it, but I will keep reading"
My doubt is that you talk about two opposite parts to be filed, did your further reading made you realized that it was only one side to be filed? Could you please clarify? That would be very helpful as all your work has been so far.

Last edited by JoseFF; 06-01-2016 at 01:53 PM.
06-01-2016, 02:11 PM   #113
Site Supporter

IgorZ in one of your translations you wrote: "Basically the guy took armature arms and filed the front and and back of it.....He thought all that was needed was to create some space between the armature arms and the magnet..... My understanding is that he is talking about the front part that you can see, as well as the back of it, but I will keep reading"
My doubt is that you talk about two opposite parts to be filed, did your further reading made you realized that it was only one side to be filed? Could you please clarify? That would be very helpful as all your work has been so far.
ok from what I read if you reduce the top it will reduce the permanent magnets So they say one you depress the shutter that a state of weightlessness occurs there by releasing the actuator mirror and shutter. Kind a like a trigger so to speak . the electromagnet is supposed too overcome the permanent magnet. but over time the horse shoe become magnetized . so by filing the top you decrease the magnetic grab. ok hope you got it

06-01-2016, 02:45 PM   #114
Veteran Member

Sorry Jose, that's what happens when you translate without knowing the context. Since they referred to the two narrow parts and I didn't know the shape of armature, I thought they were referring to the round part of the armature that is sticking out from the stator (?) around which the coil is wrapped. Since they talked about two narrow parts, I thought it was necessary to file down both front and back of it. That doesn't make sense, now that I know where the magnet is, as well as the shape of armature. Sorry for the confusion
06-01-2016, 02:57 PM   #115

Sorry Jose, that's what happens when you translate without knowing the context. Since they referred to the two narrow parts and I didn't know the shape of armature, I thought they were referring to the round part of the armature that is sticking out from the stator (?) around which the coil is wrapped. Since they talked about two narrow parts, I thought it was necessary to file down both front and back of it. That doesn't make sense, now that I know where the magnet is, as well as the shape of armature. Sorry for the confusion
Ok thank you very much Igor. I will prepare to make the repair soon. Now I feel confident enough.

---------- Post added 06-01-16 at 03:00 PM ----------

ok from what I read if you reduce the top it will reduce the permanent magnets So they say one you depress the shutter that a state of weightlessness occurs there by releasing the actuator mirror and shutter. Kind a like a trigger so to speak . the electromagnet is supposed too overcome the permanent magnet. but over time the horse shoe become magnetized . so by filing the top you decrease the magnetic grab. ok hope you got it
Niceshot you should try filing the horse shoe as explained by Igor and try not to use lubricants on it. Maybe your camera will come back to life. I hope.
06-01-2016, 03:59 PM   #116
Site Supporter

Ok thank you very much Igor. I will prepare to make the repair soon. Now I feel confident enough.

Niceshot you should try filing the horse shoe as explained by Igor and try not to use lubricants on it. Maybe your camera will come back to life. I hope.
Thx but it is too late for me the motor is kaput But pleat try it before your motor goes kaput. It sounds as if you have been it there already so just take a little off using sand paper and make sure to clean it good luck report back soon. I AM SURE YOU WILL SUCCEED
06-05-2016, 07:50 AM   #117
Site Supporter

ok I went back into my camera today to verify that when I depress the shutter switch that 1.5 volt is being delivered to the mirror motor, and it is is getting it. So that means the motor is bad.
06-05-2016, 08:01 AM   #118
Veteran Member

ok I went back into my camera today to verify that when I depress the shutter switch that 1.5 volt is being delivered to the mirror motor, and it is is getting it. So that means the motor is bad.
That's too bad... K-30 parts come up on Ebay, maybe you can get a replacement
06-05-2016, 08:04 AM   #119
Site Supporter

That's too bad... K-30 parts come up on Ebay, maybe you can get a replacement
I have a focus motor from another camera they look the smame the issue is getting it out
06-11-2016, 01:23 PM   #120

Original Poster
The Pentax K-70 is annouced - I'm curious whether it still has the same shakey aperture mechanism.