Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-11-2016, 08:40 PM   #1

How can I set the pictures save in one folder only?

Currently, pictures are saved in different folders for each day.

Some days I take only 2 pictures and it creates a separate folder for those two pictures and I end up with a lot of folders.

How can I have one folder per months?

Thanks.

07-11-2016, 08:49 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
What program are you using?
When you say 'saved' do you mean after processing on your computer, or do you mean just copied from you camera?
07-11-2016, 08:59 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lgbalfa Quote
Currently, pictures are saved in different folders for each day.

Some days I take only 2 pictures and it creates a separate folder for those two pictures and I end up with a lot of folders.

How can I have one folder per months?

Thanks.
In the settings menu, you can tell the camera not to name the folder based on date. In that case you'll get up to 1000 files per folder until the camera creates a new one (haven't tested it though, since I find the date naming very convenient).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-11-2016, 08:59 PM   #4

Original Poster
on the camera not on the computer.

---------- Post added 07-12-16 at 12:00 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
In the settings menu, you can tell the camera not to name the folder based on date. In that case you'll get up to 1000 files per folder until the camera creates a new one (haven't tested it though, since I find the date naming very convenient).
thanks adam.

do you know exactly where i can find this in the settings?

07-11-2016, 09:02 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums

---------- Post added 07-12-16 at 12:00 AM ----------

thanks adam.

do you know exactly where i can find this in the settings?
It's called "Folder Name", in the setup menu (wrench icon).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-11-2016, 09:11 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I don't like the multiple folders but they don't really bother me either - when I copy to the computer, I just drag the photos to the "master" folder, so I don't see it as a biggie at all.

In the settings menu, under the wrench, page 2, you'll find "Folder Name" which currently should be set to Date. You can change it to a fixed folder name and rename that folder as well.

I prefer dates as the other option just gives me 001NAME, 002NAME etc. no matter what date I'm shooting and that, to me, makes less sense.

---------- Post added 12-07-16 at 06:11 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
It's called "Folder Name", in the setup menu (wrench icon).
Bleh :P
07-13-2016, 07:36 AM   #7

Original Poster
thanks everyone for the feedback.