Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-27-2016, 10:53 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Q on firmware K30

Background: I have owned five Pentax digital cameras so far, and four of them name the files IMGP####. Which of course meant I had to find a way to rename them on their way into my system to avoid conflicts.
I was so pleased when I bought the K50, to find that I could change the filename prefix in the camera to avoid this problem.
Since the K30 is so very similar to the K50, is it possible that this feature could and might be introduced to the K30 in a firmware update?

12-30-2016, 08:08 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've moved this thread since the Ask Ricoh forum is not currently being monitored due to the holidays

Are you sure you can't change the file name on the K-30? As far as I recall this isn't a feature that the K-50 debuted.

Regarding the firmware, though, the K-30 is definitely end of life'd at this point.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-30-2016, 09:15 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ERNR Quote
Background: I have owned five Pentax digital cameras so far, and four of them name the files IMGP####. Which of course meant I had to find a way to rename them on their way into my system to avoid conflicts.
I was so pleased when I bought the K50, to find that I could change the filename prefix in the camera to avoid this problem.
Since the K30 is so very similar to the K50, is it possible that this feature could and might be introduced to the K30 in a firmware update?
My Q-7 and K-30 have the same system - each names images IMGP##### within folders ###PENTX; before that, I had Canon cameras, each naming files IMG_#### within folders ###CANON.

Ever since I got into digital cameras, I have had a separate "landing folder" for each camera, which receives files transferred from that camera. I rename only l those files which I copy elsewhere, and the renaming depends on what it is / where it is moved to.

Last edited by reh321; 12-30-2016 at 09:31 AM. Reason: add images