Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
06-27-2017, 05:45 PM - 5 Likes   #1

A K-50 Thank You!

I often browse this site, but I rarely post anything. I don't feel comfortable sort of jumping into a conversation. However, somebody really helped me, and I hope they learn about it. I have a K-30 and a K-50, and when both are "working" life is good. Recently, the K-50 shot craps on me. I was suddenly taking pictures of a black cat in a coal bin at midnight. I tried customer support, and the first time - no help at all. I accessed this site, and just typed in K-50 to see what would happen.

Someone had developed a short tutorial about the aperture problem that apparently had run amok among K-50's. I worked my way through it, and the final step - looking in the lens to see if the iris moves - did it. Problem diagnosed. I was lucky. The camera was still under warranty, but only by a couple weeks. This time the guy on the other end of the customer service line was good. He sent me to a place in CT called Precision Camera Repair. I just got notified that, after four days in the place, my K-50 is on the way back. I asked a couple questions of the repair place since I'd never heard of it. I got a response the next day, with all questions answered. So far...it's been a good experience. The camera is supposed to be taken back to "original factory settings."

In summary - my thanks to the person who came up with the method of checking out the aperture. It was quick, easy, and saved me a ton of time. It probably enabled me to get the camera in the shop while still under warranty.

Thanks!

06-28-2017, 05:11 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
It certainly wasn't me, but we are a super friendly and useful bunch around here. You should feel comfortable jumping in. It's why we're all here.