Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-28-2017, 10:56 AM   #1

Looking for rear body piece for Pentax K-50

Hi! I'm wondering if anyone knows how I can get a rear body piece for my Pentax K-50. Unfortunately, the camera got dropped a couple months ago, and the flap that closes the SD card holder cracked off. This causes an issue because there is a small rubber plug that is compressed by this flap, and the camera will only turn on when it is compressed. The camera still works when you hold this down with your finger, but it's not very convenient and I would like to replace this. It looks like the only way to replace it may be to replace the whole rear panel.

I've looked around the web for a place to buy any parts, and I didn't find much. I would even consider sending my camera to get this professionally done, but I can't find any information. Or if someone had a broken K-50 they were looking to sell, that would be a possibility, too.

I've got to believe these body parts exist, as the camera came in so many different body colors.

Any leads would be helpful - I LOVE this camera!

Thanks!

06-28-2017, 12:47 PM   #2
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

I've seen a few K-50 (and other model) body parts on eBay from time-to-time - presumably when someone has a broken camera and they're trying to recoup some of the value by breaking it up for spares. I seem to remember there was an entire red K-50 outer shell listed fairly recently, so it does happen! You just might have to exercise a fair bit of patience

Good luck!
06-28-2017, 01:09 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sounds like it might be time to join the "Right to Repair" movement - there's lots of stuff that the ordinary person could fix on his/her own if the parts were available. The manufacturers clearly do not want to give up the repair gravy train! They are fighting tooth and nail to protect their monopolies on parts availability.

Google "right to repair" for many references.