Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-11-2017, 02:34 PM   #1

Help! Need help identifying part that fell out of K50 during disassembly

Can anyone tell me where this part (gold ring in middle of photo between screw and tweezers) from my Pentax K-50 goes? I had removed the front and bottom of the camera body when the part fell out of the camera - back of the camera (with display screen) was not removed.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 7 Plus  Photo 
08-11-2017, 03:31 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
FYI this is the most appropriate forum for this post, I see that you tried posting it in other sections- cross posted is not necessary or allowed on the forum. Hope someone's able to ID this part for you soon!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-11-2017, 03:35 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
FYI this is the most appropriate forum for this post, I see that you tried posting it in other sections- cross posted is not necessary or allowed on the forum. Hope someone's able to ID this part for you soon!
wouldn't the K-30 and K-50 model specific forum be the most appropriate forum? I am trying to identify a model-specific part so I don't agree that the current forum is the most appropriate - i am not able to delete from the current forum to re-post in the model specific forum and I would like to do that
08-11-2017, 03:44 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by peterson390 Quote
wouldn't the K-30 and K-50 model specific forum be the most appropriate forum? I am trying to identify a model-specific part so I don't agree that the current forum is the most appropriate - i am not able to delete from the current forum to re-post in the model specific forum and I would like to do that
I've gone ahead and moved the thread as requested, and there's also a redirect up in the repairs forum for added visibility.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-11-2017, 03:45 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I've gone ahead and moved the thread as requested, and there's also a redirect up in the repairs forum for added visibility.
Thank you Adam!
08-11-2017, 08:53 PM   #6
Forum Member

My K-50 carcass (RIP) has a similar bushing sitting in a foam gasket on the right-side strap bracket (viewed from the front). But there are probably other similar bushings in the camera. To access this particular bushing, though, the top of the camera must be removed. Did you drop the camera?
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
08-12-2017, 10:18 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DougieD Quote
My K-50 carcass (RIP) has a similar bushing sitting in a foam gasket on the right-side strap bracket (viewed from the front). But there are probably other similar bushings in the camera. To access this particular bushing, though, the top of the camera must be removed. Did you drop the camera?
thanks Doug I'll check appreciate the response