Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-16-2017, 11:34 AM   #1
Forum Member

PLEASE HELP! K-50 Does not shoot with flash and says "battery depleted"

Can somebody help me? Even when my battery is at 100%, when I try to use the articulated flash, it doesnt take any pictures and if I try to take another one, it says that the battery is depleted.
NOTE: The battery is not depleted, when I turn my camera ON again, the batter status is at 100% and I dont have any problems while shooting without the flash

09-16-2017, 11:38 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by KevinMoss Quote
Can somebody help me? Even when my battery is at 100%, when I try to use the articulated flash, it doesnt take any pictures and if I try to take another one, it says that the battery is depleted.
NOTE: The battery is not depleted, when I turn my camera ON again, the batter status is at 100% and I dont have any problems while shooting without the flash
Are you using an old/third-party battery?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-16-2017, 02:44 PM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

If battery is old it may show 100% charge but as soon as a larger load, the flash, is connected it will not operate. The battery charge percentage is derived from the battery Voltage, not the amount of power left. Try another battery.
09-16-2017, 02:50 PM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
Hello guys, Im using a battery that is about 16 months old, is that the problem?

09-16-2017, 03:00 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The only way to truly find out if that is the problem is to try another battery. You could try shooting photos continuously without the flash and see if the battery dies quickly.
09-16-2017, 05:16 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
I have 3 batteries and they all have the same problem, I also charged them again and it says the same
Crap... Haha
09-17-2017, 07:34 AM - 1 Like   #7
Photo Forum Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have a suggestion for you. Take the battery out of your K-50 leave it out for 24 hours and reinstall it. See if that fixes your problem. I've had to do that with two of my cameras lately and it seems to fix the problem they were having. Besides, it does hurt anything to try this procedure.