Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2018, 01:28 PM   #1

Remote to start shooting Video?

Hi,

I am looking to use my wireless remote to shoot video in my studio. Since I don't want to keep getting up from performance location to start and stop the video, I am wondering if this is possible with the remote. My remote works normally when I shoot stills with it but does not start the recording for video. Is this possible to do and if so, what is the procedure to ensure that it works? This is for my K-30.

Cheers,
Larry

02-22-2018, 01:59 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Pentax Forums!

This is possible and explained briefly on page 131 of the English user guide. Go into movie mode and press ► (right arrow) on the 4-way controller to show the IR remote option.

Steve
02-22-2018, 02:30 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Welcome to the Pentax Forums!

This is possible and explained briefly on page 131 of the English user guide. Go into movie mode and press ► (right arrow) on the 4-way controller to show the IR remote option.

Steve
Thanks Steve. I had it set correctly but it initially didn't work. It seems that a longer press on the remote button did the trick. It could be that the battery is weak even though it was never used before (I had to pull out the plastic which was breaking the circuit). This is great. I look forward to using the K-30 as my go-to video capture in the studio. Thanks again for pointing to the page which helped me confirm the function.

Cheers,
Larry