Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
06-16-2018, 11:45 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Lost lens cap for SMC Pentax-A 28-135mm F4

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Today I just lost my front lens cap for my SMC Pentax-A 28-135mm F4 lens after a photo shoot today.Oh where can I find a new one??? Don't even know the outside dia. of this lens,if any one knows please help me.I was devastated after I came after a photo shoot .nowhere to be found.

06-16-2018, 11:52 AM   #2
Veteran Member

In the lens review database (SMC Pentax-A 28-135mm F4 Reviews - A Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database) it states a filter size of 77mm, any old 77mm generic $1 cap from ebay will work fine
06-16-2018, 11:53 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mega Quote
Today I just lost my front lens cap for my SMC Pentax-A 28-135mm F4 lens after a photo shoot today.Oh where can I find a new one??? Don't even know the outside dia. of this lens,if any one knows please help me.I was devastated after I came after a photo shoot .nowhere to be found.
Looks like it's 77mm:
SMC Pentax-A 28-135mm F4 Reviews - A Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

Here's a replacement that would work well:

Sensei 77mm Center Pinch Snap-On Lens Cap LC-77 B&H Photo Video

Our lens database has the diameter info for every Pentax lens:
Pentax Lens Search | PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-16-2018, 12:01 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Looks like it's 77mm:
SMC Pentax-A 28-135mm F4 Reviews - A Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

Even if these gentlemen hadn't come up with information, does the lens have markings of the form 077 on it?

06-16-2018, 12:05 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

nowhere to be found.
Is this the FIRST time this has happened to you? I misplace, lose, then usually find my lens cap at least once a week. I am convinced they are metaphysical portals or keys to wormholes or other dimensions that will one day be "discovered" as the key to space and time travel.

My advice: Buy two. Keep one in the camera case, and treat the other one like keys or a wallet or a passport....always in the same place when not on the lens.

Some people like to use a lens cap leash, but I find them annoying. Like anything on a leash, it just wants freedom and you're messing with the laws of the universe.
06-16-2018, 12:10 PM   #6
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

one whole dollar and free shipping from HK

Univeral 77mm Center Pinch Snap-on Front Lens Cap for DSLR Camera T9N6 4894462375617 | eBay

as suggested, buy more than one....

(I am gonna tempt fate and make the claim that I have yet to lose either a front or back lens cap)
06-16-2018, 12:15 PM - 2 Likes   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alex645 Quote
Some people like to use a lens cap leash, but I find them annoying.
Those leashes are incredibly annoying. I always remove them when I purchase a used lens with a leash attached.

I've made a habit of always putting the lens cap in my front pocket. Not in the camera bag. Not on the rock next to me.
In my pocket guarantees the cap is with me. I can't remember the last time I lost a cap.

06-16-2018, 12:27 PM   #8
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
Those leashes are incredibly annoying. I always remove them when I purchase a used lens with a leash attached.

I've made a habit of always putting the lens cap in my front pocket. Not in the camera bag. Not on the rock next to me.
In my pocket guarantees the cap is with me. I can't remember the last time I lost a cap.

dead on, on both statements...
06-16-2018, 02:37 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lost lens cap for SMC Pentax-A 28-135mm F4
This is the Pentax "A" Series OEM lens cap that you want:

Pentax 645 77mm Front Lens Cap at KEH Camera Store

Phil.
06-16-2018, 03:38 PM - 1 Like   #10

Original Poster
Nerve mind false alarm.... took a nap & found at home....sorry about that. But still would like to know the outside dia of this lens.

---------- Post added 06-16-18 at 03:45 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Looks like it's 77mm:

thank you

---------- Post added 06-16-18 at 03:46 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote

thanks for the advice
06-16-2018, 03:48 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Is this the FIRST time this has happened to you? I misplace, lose, then usually find my lens cap at least once a week. I am convinced they are metaphysical portals or keys to wormholes or other dimensions that will one day be "discovered" as the key to space and time travel.

My advice: Buy two. Keep one in the camera case, and treat the other one like keys or a wallet or a passport....always in the same place when not on the lens.

Some people like to use a lens cap leash, but I find them annoying. Like anything on a leash, it just wants freedom and you're messing with the laws of the universe.
I agree - those leashes get in my way when I'm trying to compose the shot; swinging back and forth, they affect my stability. I'd rather purchase a generic cap than tolerate that.
06-16-2018, 04:52 PM - 1 Like   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nerve mind false alarm.... took a nap & found at home....
See, and it wasn't a NERVE mind false alarm...another lens cap into the twilight zone and falling back into a different time and space.

I think I have to invent a lens cap cam to record where they really go to between lost and found.
06-16-2018, 07:32 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

See, and it wasn't a NERVE mind false alarm...another lens cap into the twilight zone and falling back into a different time and space.
Same problem as with that one missing sock in a pair!

Phil.
06-16-2018, 07:45 PM - 1 Like   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Same problem as with that one missing sock in a pair!

Phil.
Yes, that freaks me out when I'm out shooting and suddenly I'm only wearing one sock.
06-16-2018, 08:05 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Yes, that freaks me out when I'm out shooting and suddenly I'm only wearing one sock.
That happens to you too?
I wonder what this world is coming to...