Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-02-2019, 02:36 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cmichal Quote
Same problem in Av mode, see attached. I checked all the settings for metering being linked to AF point and they're all disabled. When I enabled "Link Exposure and Focus Point" that actually seemed to help a little bit
I wouldn't give up on this camera right now. I loaded both of your images into gimp and generated a histogram for each, as shown below. To my eyes, both photos have potential. I believe either photo could be manipulated in PP to produce what you want. With more experience in using this camera (*) you may be able to get, or 'make', images satisfying to you.

(*) When I first got my Super Program, most of my slides were under-exposed. By experimenting, with different bracketing strategies, I learned how to create slides pleasing to me, and I ended up using that camera for over twelve years, the longest I used any camera as my primary camera, and I still use it on occasion.

Attached Images

04-02-2019, 03:30 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cmichal Quote
Same problem in Av mode, see attached. I checked all the settings for metering being linked to AF point and they're all disabled. When I enabled "Link Exposure and Focus Point" that actually seemed to help a little bit
As a followup to my most recent comments, if I were you, the first thing I would try would be using the +/- button to adjust Exposure Compensation .... to perhaps -1.5 .... while using the viewfinder. If this comment is too terse, please feel free to ask for a more detailed comment.

Last edited by reh321; 04-02-2019 at 04:48 PM.
04-03-2019, 04:51 AM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
As a followup to my most recent comments, if I were you, the first thing I would try would be using the +/- button to adjust Exposure Compensation .... to perhaps -1.5 .... while using the viewfinder. If this comment is too terse, please feel free to ask for a more detailed comment.
This is what I would do also, rather than just give up on this camera due to the apparent fault. Could be a pain if you switch between LV and viewfinder often but still...
04-03-2019, 06:17 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Along these lines when using the viewfinder one could set up a user mode that included the appropriate exposure compensation and other preferred camera settings. That way you wouldn't have to constantly fiddle with -/+ adjustment when going between the liveview and viewfinder.

04-10-2019, 12:47 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would recommend to do a reset!

You go in the menu to the 3rd tab of the setup menu and there you select the reset option.

This is not actually a real factory reset.

If this does not change anything, check your firmware!

Download the latest firmware or even better, download the unofficial magical 1.10 firmware HERE

this is the very best firmware for the K30, because:

1. it allows you to use the PLM lenses
2. the K30 is that bit faster
3. ISO up to 51200
4. because usefull for you, it is almost a factory reset!

Change Noice-Reduction at high ISO to custom settings and set it to:
100 - 400: off
800/1600: 1
3200/6400: 2
12800/25600/51200: 3

You can also learn to go into the Debug-menu, you need to download here:

Dropbox - K30 - Simplify your life

And then report! Very important for those who try to help!