Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2019, 12:03 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Just expect it to konk out on you any minute is all.

12-14-2019, 02:40 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Same happened to me, I held it off using AA's but it finally stopped working. I will open it up some day but my new KP is sucking all of my time, as it should.
12-14-2019, 08:37 PM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by hnikesch Quote
Same happened to me, I held it off using AA's but it finally stopped working. I will open it up some day but my new KP is sucking all of my time, as it should.
At least you have a backup - something that should give you no fear when you do try to fix the other one.
12-17-2019, 04:25 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by STARHUNTER94 Quote
At least you have a backup - something that should give you no fear when you do try to fix the other one.
Very true, I am almost hoping my K30 aperture block dies completely that way I can use it in A mode with old lenses like K-50, Aperture Ring and Av Mode - PentaxForums.com

and not open it to fix it

12-18-2019, 01:41 PM   #20

Very true, I am almost hoping my K30 aperture block dies completely that way I can use it in A mode with old lenses like K-50, Aperture Ring and Av Mode - PentaxForums.com

I have a feeling this only works on the K50, it didn't work on my K30, I used it in manual using the green button until I got it repaired.
12-22-2019, 08:14 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums

You can use it right now in totally manual mode, which is my solution. For the cost of an FA lens, no time, and having to use green button metering each time,I have a completely working AF system.
12-23-2019, 06:19 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by andyk17 Quote
Very true, I am almost hoping my K30 aperture block dies completely that way I can use it in A mode with old lenses like K-50, Aperture Ring and Av Mode - PentaxForums.com and not open it to fix it
I have a feeling this only works on the K50, it didn't work on my K30, I used it in manual using the green button until I got it repaired.
It won't work with the K-30.
I had another K-30 for repair and it was the same. Only K50 and K500 will work that way if the solenoid is down, but metering is not really accurate.
Similar problem like using live-view when the solenoid is stuck:
Lifeview works with the lens stopping down to f4.
But with a stuck solenoid it doesn't open at all, remains closed. And yet the camera does meter and when the shutter opens, the mirrow-up is released
and thus more mA's are available and for a moment the solenoid can actuate. But this doesn't stay that way, after a while the soleoid is more and thus finally stuck.
AA's are just a temporary solution. Sometimes longer, particular if the camera had them all the time in use.

So AA's won't solve the problem really