Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-17-2019, 08:54 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Unable to set ISO with a K30.

I found I could not change the ISO setting on my K30. I checked thru the menus and found nothing to set it.
When I pressed the ISO button the AF area came up the other buttons moved the AF area display,
So I could not change the flash setting, drive mode or whiter balance.
With some playing around I found I Could set these things when I set mode to U1 or U2, I could also set ISO and the other things when
using Live View in the other modes but still not when using the viewfinder.
I tried taking the battery out for I few minutes & putting it back in that did not help.
It appears the switches of the 4 way controller are still good.
Is there any menu setting I am over looking, it there a reset setting.

12-17-2019, 09:04 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sounds like you may need to press and hold the OK button to switch the 4-way controller back to changing the settings, or switch to center point AF instead of select.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-18-2019, 05:02 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My suggestion for reset :-

1.) Push the menu button once.
2.) Push the 4 way controller to the left once.
3.) Scroll to "Reset Custom Functions"
12-18-2019, 03:20 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Unable to set ISO with K30

Thanks for the help.
Adams tip to press the ok button worked. I pressed and held it for about 2 sec. the display changed from AF area
selection to allowing me to set ISO & also flash settings etc. This is the first time this camera has done it, I owned it since 2012.
This might have happened when I yet the battery become totally discharged, maybe I was trying to set it when the battery gave out.