Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
03-03-2020, 01:57 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
The lens needs to be in the A position on the aperture ring. If it still doesnt work, clean the lens and camera contacts with a bit a alcohol.
" The lens needs to be in the A position on the aperture ring " Bingo, there is the F numbers. And i will clean it a little , seemed dirty when i took it off, Everything works now , Yipppee. Thank you.

03-03-2020, 02:01 PM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by zzxxcc_penthouse Quote
" The lens needs to be in the A position on the aperture ring " Bingo, there is the F numbers. And i will clean it a little , seemed dirty when i took it off, Everything works now , Yipppee. Thank you.
Yay - glad you got it sorted. It's a good little zoom, the exact same one I started with years ago.
03-04-2020, 03:33 PM   #18

Original Poster
Took the teleconverter off , now the 28-80 3.5 sigma actually works - the autofucus works, Wonder why previous owner had it on. But the it still shows F - - on the screeen . Thanks.
I read up on the Sigma 2X - 1:1 Tele-Macro Converter Supplementary Lens for pentax-, it does serve a purpose . The images were magnified.
03-10-2020, 10:33 AM   #19

Original Poster
I read up on the Sigma 2X - 1:1 Tele-Macro Converter Supplementary Lens for pentax-, it does serve a purpose . The images were magnified.
Dust spots,

I can see why people like the zoom lens , or the primes, both have their purposes. anyways, I notice i have spots appearing in my photos , that means dust right? A few spots here an there, but manageable , in pihotoshop i use the spot healing brush tool. Noticed sometimes my camera produces photos will come out dark , have no idea what is going on, Be nice sometimes just to get a newer camera or get it cleaned. If you know what you are doing with this camera or other model, it can produce some really good photos/

03-10-2020, 11:08 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sounds like dust on the sensor, which can happen when you change lenses. Do a forum search on sensor cleaning, and try using the camera's dust removal function.

You also may be a victim of aperture block failure, which can afflict certain Pentax models, especially the K-30 and K-50. Again, do a forum search for this widely-discussed problem. Good luck!