Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
06-18-2020, 12:32 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Where can I get standard focus screen for K30?

Nothing on eBay...

06-18-2020, 12:51 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
It's the same one as for K7, K5 and probably other recent models.
model name is MF-60, which should help you google.

I prefer the divided one, ML-60 - easier to see if you're shooting level.
Adorama has them for a start.
https://www.adorama.com/l/Photography/Camera-Accessories/Pentax~Focusing-Screens

Also try calling Pentax distributor in Australia.
C.R.Kennedy & Co. VICTORIA Phone: (03) 9823 1555

---------- Post added 06-18-20 at 15:54 ----------

Oh, yeah. The price seems high, but they come with a special tweezer tool and storage box.
Just a warning, if you touch the focus screen with your finger (or anything else) IT'S RUINED. There is no way to clean them and they're really delicate. So set yourself up in a clean area and take your time to do it carefully.
06-18-2020, 09:37 PM - 1 Like   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Kennedy has them. Thanks

Marty

QuoteOriginally posted by calsan Quote
It's the same one as for K7, K5 and probably other recent models.
model name is MF-60, which should help you google.

I prefer the divided one, ML-60 - easier to see if you're shooting level.
Adorama has them for a start.
https://www.adorama.com/l/Photography/Camera-Accessories/Pentax~Focusing-Screens

Also try calling Pentax distributor in Australia.
C.R.Kennedy & Co. VICTORIA Phone: (03) 9823 1555

---------- Post added 06-18-20 at 15:54 ----------

Oh, yeah. The price seems high, but they come with a special tweezer tool and storage box.
Just a warning, if you touch the focus screen with your finger (or anything else) IT'S RUINED. There is no way to clean them and they're really delicate. So set yourself up in a clean area and take your time to do it carefully.
07-02-2020, 12:04 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
Ok the focusing screen arrived. Now, to insert it. Looking into the camera I see it is firmly held in by a frame. There must be a release catch somewhere. It is not obvious Years ago I replace a screen for an OM1 film camera and the release catch was was obvious. Any step by step instruction?

07-02-2020, 01:56 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here it is shown with the K10D, it is the same procedure:
--Pentax K1/K1II/K3/K5/K7/K10D/K20D/K30/K50/K70/ISTD/K-S1/K-S2/KP Focusing Screen Installation Instruction--
and here you find the Katzeye installation guides including for the K30:
Focusing Screen Installation Guides - KatzEye Optics
with the K30 one attached

Some hints:
- good light
- close windows and doors, avoid dust (bathroom often has the least dust)
- the "nose" of the screen on the K30 is on the LEFT SIDE, this tutorial for the K10D shows the K10D-screen with the nose on the right side.
- don't touch the screen on the front or back side! If you want to hold it, only on left/right or top/bottom
(Thats how I hold them supertight when holding a screen into the airstream of a vaccum-cleaner to take dust off... then a super-tight hold is important!)
Attached Images
File Type: pdf install_11.pdf (346.7 KB, 64 views)
07-02-2020, 10:16 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
Great, thanks.

Martin

QuoteOriginally posted by photogem Quote
Here it is shown with the K10D, it is the same procedure:
--Pentax K1/K1II/K3/K5/K7/K10D/K20D/K30/K50/K70/ISTD/K-S1/K-S2/KP Focusing Screen Installation Instruction--
and here you find the Katzeye installation guides including for the K30:
Focusing Screen Installation Guides - KatzEye Optics
with the K30 one attached

Some hints:
- good light
- close windows and doors, avoid dust (bathroom often has the least dust)
- the "nose" of the screen on the K30 is on the LEFT SIDE, this tutorial for the K10D shows the K10D-screen with the nose on the right side.
- don't touch the screen on the front or back side! If you want to hold it, only on left/right or top/bottom
(Thats how I hold them supertight when holding a screen into the airstream of a vaccum-cleaner to take dust off... then a super-tight hold is important!)