Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-05-2022, 06:56 AM - 1 Like   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I completely understand folks' desire to repair their cameras (and I'd want to if I was in their position), but the sad thing for me is that we'll gradually see more and more older "classic" CCD-sensor bodies (some of them perfectly functional) being butchered for their solenoids.

I agree,if I bought an older Pentax body listed as a "parts camera" to harvest the solenoid and found when I got it that it was perfectly fine,
I would use it or pass it to someone who would.

01-05-2022, 04:26 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Yes... I've seen some with non-working flashes, and a few non-operating ones, unfortunately.
If somebody changes the flash Japan solenoid of a K100D (or any other with that solenoid) with the green China solenoid, there is no harm
but it "would be nice" to mention that mod.

If the flash isn't working, that isn't necessarely a sign somebody messed it up changing the solenoid!
The solenoid is not responsible for the flash itself but only for it "popping up".
Not so with the K10D, K20D, K30 and all after the K30 because then the pop-up flash was done similar to the K10D, K7, K5 etc.

@BigMackCam: I think anybody who wants to find/use a CCD-Sensor Pentax can find it still for a reasonable price.
I found a K10D recently almost new for less than US$ 100.
01-05-2022, 04:30 PM - 2 Likes   #18
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photogem Quote
If somebody changes the flash Japan solenoid of a K100D (or any other with that solenoid) with the green China solenoid, there is no harm
but it "would be nice" to mention that mod.
I think my concern would be, not everyone opening up a camera to swap out parts or make a modification would be as careful as you are (very few, I'd guess). If I was buying a camera that I knew you had worked on - whether to harvest parts or to repair - I'd be totally fine with that. But most folks aren't so experienced as you