Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

More light tent shots! Broken glass! ARGH
Posted By: codiac2600, 01-10-2008, 03:04 PM

So I had another day of experimentation with my light tent and High-Speed sync with the Pentax flash system. I did a lot more action schtuff today and I decided to do a pic that I would only get one try at! Here are teh results and I hope you all enjoy!

Yup, one try! Broken glass everywhere! It was worth it though!

Splash

Ice cubes make more sense right?

Starting the flame

End flame

The flame! Nice quality!

Thats pretty much the extent of it and I'm going to post pics of the actual light tent in here later when I finish uploading some more pics.
Views: 3,502
01-12-2008, 09:11 PM   #16

Chris,

Great shots! Also, thank you for your videos on club photography!

How is the 7500EDF? I am very interested in this flash but only if it does wireless and HSS. There is a good bit of interest in this new flash on the forum but no one seems to have posted good first-hand experience yet...

Steve-O

01-12-2008, 09:59 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Steve-O Quote
Chris,

Great shots! Also, thank you for your videos on club photography!

How is the 7500EDF? I am very interested in this flash but only if it does wireless and HSS. There is a good bit of interest in this new flash on the forum but no one seems to have posted good first-hand experience yet...

Steve-O
The 7500EDF like most third party flashes don't speak i/P/E-TTL wireless, but they do give you wireless with a slave mode. The power output is between the AF360 and the AF540 and costs as much as the AF360 but has bounce as well as swivel. The other trade off is no thyristor so no Auto mode which I love, but most people don't want/need. HSS is the other trade off since again it doesn't speak the full P-TTL language and doesn't do the burst mode needed to achieve HSS. I got it because of the relative power, makes a decent backup to my current flashes, and I can fire it wirelessly with wither the slave mode or with my triggers.
01-12-2008, 10:17 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great shots Chris! That is a very cool lighting setup.