Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-28-2007, 05:35 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
(Australian) Camera & Imaging Mag K10D writeup

I bought the "Best Buys 2007" issue of Camera & Imaging Magazine today. It basically goes through a relatively detailed review of one DSLR from each of the larger manufacturers (Pentax, Nikon, Canon, but also Sony, Samsung, Fuji and so on). Anyway, it is extremely complimentary towards the K10D (though it bears mentioning that they also say nice things about the Nikon and Canon DSLR they review).

Here's an extract from their verdict on the K10D:
"Not only is the K10D the best D-SLR that Pentax has ever built (and by quite a margin over the still-excellent K100D) it is the best D-SLR in its class... and is even capable of challenging the EOS30D and Nikon D200. If Canon and Nikon have been ignoring Pentax up until now, the K10D is the wake-up call".

Like I said, they also wrote very nice things about the Nikon and Canon DSLRs they review (the D80 and 400D respectively)... but still: it's enough to make K10D owners feel all warm and fuzzy inside

07-28-2007, 06:01 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bt*ist Quote
"Not only is the K10D the best D-SLR that Pentax has ever built (and by quite a margin over the still-excellent K100D) it is the best D-SLR in its class... and is even capable of challenging the EOS30D and Nikon D200. If Canon and Nikon have been ignoring Pentax up until now, the K10D is the wake-up call".
That quote is a perfect lift from a review of it in a UK camera mag from a few months back. Ill see if i can dig the actual magazine and article out after ive moved house.
07-28-2007, 06:25 AM   #3
Inactive Account

I bet you will probably find the same author.

I don't have the chance to look, but I think I read that first from this awesome web site that is sort of a review warehouse.

Pentax K10D - Digital Photography Reviews, News, Hacks, Tips & Tutorials
07-28-2007, 06:41 AM   #4
Inactive Account

I'm afraid I can't control the CYNIC in me from escaping here, but I take what the majority of glossy photographic magazine reviewers have to say with a bl...dy great 'pinch of salt' ! They clearly daren't be too uncomplimentary about a particular product, for fear of losing potential advertising revenue in the future. I have recently purchased a K10D myself and although I did indeed glance through what some articles had to say, there really is no substitute for real hands-on experience in ascertaining what a camera is truly capable of ! The ONLY magazine whose reviews I truly value are those to be found within the pages of 'Amateur Photographer' (in the U.K.), because if something is genuinely 'not-up-to-scratch' when every other magazine around seems to be going into uncontrollable spasms of esctasy, A.P. won't hold-back from telling things as they really are.....and no, I'm not secretly one of their editors, just in case you're wondering !!!!
All the same, it's reassuring that the reviews you found have nice things to say about the K10D, because in almost every respect, IMHO it leaves the competition trailing in it's wake !!

Last edited by Confused; 07-28-2007 at 07:40 AM.
07-28-2007, 08:06 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bt*ist Quote

Like I said, they also wrote very nice things about the Nikon and Canon DSLRs they review (the D80 and 400D respectively)... but still: it's enough to make K10D owners feel all warm and fuzzy inside
That is why I want one.