Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2010, 04:40 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Actually I think this would be quite nice for non threatening street photography. No need to stress that this could be invaluable at kids events supporting the rapport between shooter and subjects.

05-06-2010, 10:13 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by knoxploration Quote
It's at least the fourth thread on it, actually, the most recent being only ten days ago:
This camera was shown on the first day K-x was announced in Sep 2009, and was first posted here:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/73720-wow-k-x-has-20-b...tml#post746062
05-06-2010, 11:21 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
This camera was shown on the first day K-x was announced in Sep 2009, and was first posted here:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/73720-wow-k-x-has-20-b...tml#post746062
You just proved my point, thanks. Dupes serve a useful purpose in bringing things to the attention of folks who missed it first time around. ;-)

I wasn't aware of it myself until the official announcement of the Korejanai edition, fully a month later. Apparently they previewed it at the Japanese K-x launch event, long before they actually announced it.
05-06-2010, 11:50 AM   #19
Veteran Member

All us digital photographers talk about noise.

This is really LOUD!

Mickey

05-06-2010, 12:09 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by thrillerb Quote
What do you mean the 70's? You haven't been hangin' with the hip 5 - 6 yr old crowd; everyone knows Star Wars Legos is the new hotness.
For adults, Lego Technic is the hotness.
05-06-2010, 04:14 PM   #21

Original Poster
Bringing the K-x out and available in so many colors was a great thing for the Pentax brand and the photographic community. Think about it. At least when I thought about brands when I was first looking into getting a dslr pentax was not even on my radar. Reason being Canikon has ruled the advertising since 1990. When I heard pentax I thaught has been, old people and film cameras. I had flashes of the 70's and 80's when pentax ruled the world and that was it. Until the release of the K-x and the different color options. It definately intrigued me enough to look into the brand again and I am so glad for it. I know so many young people that are going to grow into great photographers just because they had their intrest peaked by a stupid color and ended up getting an amazing camera to start their photographic journey! Sorry to ramble but I think Pextax definately hit a home run in terms of marketing a great product and winning fans back that havn't sen a Pentax since their parent took their picture with one 20+ years ago. That's my story.
05-07-2010, 12:52 PM   #22

Pextax better be careful! Voltron may come for them.

05-08-2010, 09:37 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
so this is why we can't get a reliable SDM? or is this just what Hoya considers worthwhile R&D? gimme a freaking break already.
still fun though!!
05-10-2010, 05:47 AM   #24
k54
Forum Member

Thanks for sharing... I like the Navy Blue Color or White for my K-x but my wife chose the Black one hhmmmm.......

If there's a red, white, and blue I will choose it to represent our Flag's color even though my wife will insist on the black.....
05-10-2010, 01:00 PM   #25

QuoteOriginally posted by brecklundin Quote
so this is why we can't get a reliable SDM? or is this just what Hoya considers worthwhile R&D? gimme a freaking break already.
Yeah, man, this must have taken a huge chunk of their R&D budget! Still, though, you have to give it to Pentax to be the first company to engineer colored plastics. That's pretty impressive--just think of all the applications for this technology! Toys, packages, home electronics, the possibilities are endless.

Maybe they can take all the money they'll make off selling this formula to other companies and instantly catch up to Canon's 23 years of USM development.
05-11-2010, 03:44 AM   #27
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Any one from Pentax listening here.
They can start showing ads in the football world cup, with the K-x showing off the uniforms of different teams (Yellow/Blue for Brazil, ....)
05-11-2010, 10:16 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Since the K10D, Pentax has cranked out more shit that I do not care about then any other DSLR company.

RAINBOW DSLR???!!!!

Good for you Pentax.

And to all you ******s that want to tell me to go out and take pictures, well, you can go zoom with your feet.
05-12-2010, 12:18 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by KungPOW Quote
Since the K10D, Pentax has cranked out more shit that I do not care about then any other DSLR company.
So you don't care about affordable, high sensitivity, high image quality cameras (K-x), and you don't care about affordable, rugged, weather-sealed, ultra-compact, semi-pro cameras (K-7)... What exactly is it you want?

Hint: It costs next to nothing to make the body panels on a camera a different color. If they're selling well to others, they're a good thing for Pentax. You don't have to buy one. You don't even have to like them. Why are they worth whining about to you?
05-12-2010, 12:27 AM   #30

Cue San Fran jokes, in 3...2...1...

Seriously though, if this is what the Pentax bosses were alluding to in terms of new cameras/direction, it's going to be an unhappy year for many of us.