Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-21-2010, 02:50 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by aliquis Quote
I read that the shorter flange distance to sensor-size may be worse for optical performance (more ca, less sharp corners, ..)
The shorter flange distance is more challenging. Good photo companies will make stunning performers like Leica M wide angle lenses (**) which in some cases have no peer and would be impossible with a larger flange distance. But it is easier to fail too For tele lenses, it makes no difference anyway.

__
(**) Leica M9 has a flange distance which is 30% less than µFT if you take the crop factor into account. And the M mount was specified 9 years after WWII showing that photo engineers today sort of lost their balls, really

05-21-2010, 10:22 AM   #17

from photorumors.com

Rayqual to offer Sony E mount adapters for Nikon, Pentax, Canon and Leica

Rayqual to offer Sony E mount adapters for Nikon, Pentax, Canon and Leica lenses. The adapters are expected to be available in July, 2010. For more details visit DC.watch (via fotoactualidad). This will make the Sony NEX cameras comparable to the m4/3 system cameras that already have all kinds of adapters available.
05-21-2010, 03:54 PM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by eigelb Quote
Rayqual to offer Sony E mount adapters for Nikon, Pentax, Canon and Leica
Thanks for the link.

Converting currencies, the Rayqual adapter (20,000 Yen) seems to be a bit more expensive than the Novoflex adapter (142 €). Will probably depend on the market.
05-22-2010, 10:15 AM   #19
Veteran Member

I wouldn't mind Novoflex making some E-mount adapters, but I hope that Sony wouldn't make a crippled camera just to make it appear cheaper. I hate the idea that they have to accessorize the VF then sell it for a certain premium that doesn't make sense, yet again.