Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-16-2010, 07:46 AM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by zackspeed Quote
Anybody at Photokina in september?
I'll be there, for sure. Spill the beans, man !

05-16-2010, 05:19 PM   #47
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
I'll be there, for sure. Spill the beans, man !
Cool,let show you the new Number1 Pentax
05-16-2010, 09:18 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
How accurate will it be when tracking moving subject....kinda pointless having 10fps without a decent "predictive" tracking system.
05-17-2010, 12:29 AM   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
10fps will never be the reason for an upgrade for me, but it could be practical for bracketing images for HDR/Enfuse combination. The less subjects have time to move in between images in a bracketed series the better the HDR/Enfused results will be. Also there will be less movement by the photographer as well.

Wim

05-17-2010, 12:40 AM   #50
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
10fps will never be the reason for an upgrade for me, but it could be practical for bracketing images for HDR/Enfuse combination. The less subjects have time to move in between images in a bracketed series the better the HDR/Enfused results will be. Also there will be less movement by the photographer as well.

Wim
Yes, and it would also help getting the HDR function without the need för tripod that sony has in their a550.
05-17-2010, 01:12 AM   #51
Veteran Member

just in time for graduation...

Pentax is going to make me a lightweight but sturdy weathersealed 1080p wildlife catching documentary filming machine, I just know it.

I was thinking about a 5dmkII if money becomes no object (because this economy is awesome as we all know) but i've got a good feeling about where pentax is headed and honestly, i'm on this ship because I want to be.

My k20d has taken me from interested in becoming a better photographer down the path of frustration , self doubt, confusion, anger and utter rage and to where I am today, my photos still suck but at least I know why =)

This sensor looks interesting. Camera probably won't be 10fps (who needs to be) but anywhere above 5 each incremental increase in speed is worth less and less each time. And don't give me that "sports shooters need more"....if you are shooting the super bowl you are shooting canon and not even concerned with what pentax is doing.

Full Frame? Why? I want the bigger crop factor for telephoto lenses and the price point to stay low. Go ahead and make one for all the "napoleon complex's" out there, just don't forget about the "bang for your buck" that drew a lot of us in.
05-17-2010, 01:31 AM   #52
Veteran Member

10fps means nothing is Pentax can't improve the AF on its bodies.

Jason

05-17-2010, 08:29 AM   #53
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by omega leader Quote
10fps is very hard on the mirror box of a dslr. On an EVIL camera that would make much more sense as you don't need to move the mirror.
I think some of the higher-framerate Nikons/Canons now keep the mirror up and only trigger the mechanical shutter at the high speed burst modes. (Not sure - but note that many of them now have "high/low" burst modes - low probably trips the mirror and adjusts focus/metering after each shot and high doesn't.)
05-17-2010, 09:11 AM   #54

Guarantee?

Just playing "devil's advocate" here. What guarantee do we have that Pentax will use thhis new "high performance" sensor from Samsung? Did Pentax already confirmed this? Does the partnership still exist?
I'm asking because this was posted in the "PENTAX News and Rumors" forum...

Thans.

xGene
05-17-2010, 09:36 AM   #55
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Entropy Quote
I think some of the higher-framerate Nikons/Canons now keep the mirror up and only trigger the mechanical shutter at the high speed burst modes. (Not sure - but note that many of them now have "high/low" burst modes - low probably trips the mirror and adjusts focus/metering after each shot and high doesn't.)
Pentax k20D is the only camera that I know of that does that. High-end Canon and Nikon bodies certainly don't do that. The mirror slap at 10fps on my 1dmkIII sounds like a machine gun.
05-17-2010, 01:38 PM   #56

Napoleon?

QuoteOriginally posted by jmbradd Quote
Full Frame? Why? ...Go ahead and make one for all the "napoleon complex's" out there, ...
I wouldn't consider the desire for a FF DSLR a Napoleon Complex. I shot 35mm film for close to 30 years, the APS-C format never appealed to me (I use it because my K100d and K20D use a digital sensor of that size). I avoided it in the 1990's (Kodak Advantix, Nikon Pronea, etc.) and the multiplication factor of 1.5 for the use of legacy glass is a pain in the neck.

I have friends with FF DSLR's (they all love them, I'm impressed but patient for Pentax), there are a number of advantages: Higher ISO performance, increased Image Quality, Larger View Finder, full use of lenses, etc. A fast 50mm on a FF camera is really awesome, not so much on an APS-C camera. The magic isn't quite there.

I'm not in the market for a MF 645D, but I'm not going to criticize Pentaxians that are. It looks like a great camera. All the best to Pentax and the photographers that will invest in it. I look forward to seeing the beautiful images that people will take with the 645D.

Napoleon did what he could to crush the monarchies of Europe, then crowned himself a king (emperor & heavily ironic). To have a FF Napoleon complex would be something like preaching against APS-C cameras in favor of FF, but then when FF is released refusing to upgrade and instead staying with APS-C.

Different Strokes for Different Folks.
Don't be sour grapes...
05-17-2010, 04:54 PM   #57
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cwood Quote
Pentax k20D is the only camera that I know of that does that. High-end Canon and Nikon bodies certainly don't do that. The mirror slap at 10fps on my 1dmkIII sounds like a machine gun.
The mid-low-end Sonys also do that. As an example I believe 1 of them does 5 fps with normal mirror action and 7fps with the mirror locked up.

But the pro Nikons and Canons certainly do keep their mirrors in motion.
05-17-2010, 08:57 PM   #58

QuoteOriginally posted by 1shot Quote
Not just 1080p but 1080 60p. Oh, and look at this, it's got a PMS circuit. So can we expect it to be unreliable and irrational once a month? :P
Yeah, the nex is only only 1080i and even the 7d and 550d is only 1080p 30 fps ..

Framerate not mentioned on the second sensor? Don't know what look best/worst of 1080p 30 fps with global shutter or 1080p 60 fps without.
05-17-2010, 08:58 PM   #59

QuoteOriginally posted by Nubi Quote
I realize it is off topic here, but why the hell would anybody need 11 fps?? :ugh:
If you find it hard to get focus right hold the shutter release and take a few steps forward/backwards? ;D

Some of the shots have to be spot on! ;D
05-17-2010, 09:01 PM   #60

QuoteOriginally posted by cwood Quote
I've used the 10fps on my 1DIII on at least 5 occasions in the last year (out of about 100,000 frames). Its not something you need all the time but sometimes it makes the deal.

you have to see how fast these guys are moving to appreciate how difficult it is to get this shot without high frame rate (at 300mm F2.8)...
Nice photo, got a friend who has a bunch of photos on his car and in one of them the picture is taken from quite low level from the side of the road as it passes and I guess such images get easier to.

Same for people smiling/blinking/moving/whatever.

Or for those flex-shots where you want to look your best ;/