Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2010, 07:53 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by RMabo Quote
Well the car that crashes in that Youtube spot, is not a Fiat.
I am a bit unsure what it is really, but it do looks quite much like a Chrysler 180 from the early 70's. Quite different styling from the Fiat 132/Argenta that were the largest car from Fiat.
But a Chrysler is a Fiat

05-24-2010, 08:18 AM   #17
Inactive Account

In other news, that passenger-seat cargo net is an idea of genius proportions. We're talking smallpox-vaccine magnitude here. Sliced bread. The stump-jump plough.

It'd be bloody great for pizzas - ah, yeah, Italian car.
05-24-2010, 08:21 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
But a Chrysler is a Fiat
No Chrysler CEO's decided not to sell the stock to Fiat.
05-24-2010, 11:27 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Can't go knocking Fiat too much nowdays as we've had a Multipla, (y'know, the ugly one) for around seven years now and it's still serving well as a family car. Six seats and there is still plenty of boot space, what other car matches it for roominess? Does 50 to the gallon as well if you're nice to it. Rear suspension/stub axle assembly is a bit of a weak spot though. It's the most practical car we've ever had and has taken three school photograpghers and there kit with ease in the past.

05-24-2010, 11:36 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by justinr Quote
Can't go knocking Fiat too much nowdays as we've had a Multipla, (y'know, the ugly one) for around seven years now and it's still serving well as a family car. Six seats and there is still plenty of boot space, what other car matches it for roominess? Does 50 to the gallon as well if you're nice to it. Rear suspension/stub axle assembly is a bit of a weak spot though. It's the most practical car we've ever had and has taken three school photograpghers and there kit with ease in the past.
Multi is best family car ever. My dad has one (:
05-24-2010, 12:03 PM   #21
Veteran Member

My mum owned a Fiat 127 once. It was a terrific car! (and my father used to love Alfa's... he had 3 GTV's in the late 70's then he converted to an Alfasud. The last Alfa he owned was an Alfa 33 Quadrifoglio Verde).
I like Fiat and I would welcome a Fiat 500 convertible just for fun...
Can't really give a good answer to why I don't have one. Lack of dealerships and good service in my country I believe, and trouble not finding a suitable model for me. The Fiat Idea comes close, but it is a bit too small. Multipla too large.
I drive something in-between now and of french origin..
05-24-2010, 05:43 PM   #22
Pentaxian

We've been bit of a Fiat family over the years.
Father has had 2 125's (always really wanted a 125T) and 2 132's.
Brother has had a 128 and an Uno.
I've had an Uno - loved it.

06-11-2010, 03:18 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
In other news, that passenger-seat cargo net is an idea of genius proportions. We're talking smallpox-vaccine magnitude here. Sliced bread. The stump-jump plough.

It'd be bloody great for pizzas - ah, yeah, Italian car.
I completely agree. Any idea on what the actual name for it is? Or where to get one? I searched for "cargo seat net", but only came up with stuff for the back of SUV's. I don't how many times I have taken a sharp corner and had my phone or other things go sliding off of the seat.

When I drive with my camera, I always put the camera back in the bag in fear of it sliding off of the seat. I bet they could sell more of these nets, than Fiats.
06-11-2010, 04:10 AM   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by r0ckstarr Quote
I completely agree. Any idea on what the actual name for it is? Or where to get one? I searched for "cargo seat net", but only came up with stuff for the back of SUV's. I don't how many times I have taken a sharp corner and had my phone or other things go sliding off of the seat.
Dunno, but we have a similar net supposed to be used in the back of our half-Fiat MPV (Peugeot 807, a PSA-Fiat co-production). I never found it really useful, but now I'm going to see if it can fastened to the passenger seat
06-11-2010, 08:25 AM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have two Alfa's and a Fiat. Don't store my K7 on the seat as I take pic's of the cars.
06-11-2010, 04:54 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I grew up with Fiats. My dad had a couple of 131 Sports which I kinda learned to drive in when I was around 12
My first car was a completely mental Fiat 127 1300GT, it was converted to run Webber DCNFs and was kicking out around 100 BHP but the brakes, suspension and tyres had not been upgraded when I first got it , hence it was the perfect learner drivers car, I seriously learned about speed, cornering and what practically no brakes meant in the first 2 miles of ownership , very fun car but the most valuable lesson it taught me was respect! Next up after that was an Uno Turbo, fun in a straight line but the 127 was faster in the corners (once I'd sorted out the handling). Then I got a Tipo Sedicivalvole, black, 3 doors, 2 litres of glorious Lampredi Twin Cam, when I lived in pre police state UK it was capable of 135+ MPH, had to sell it when I moved back to Ireland in 98, best insurance quote I received was IRL £3000... (that was with a clean license and 5 years NCB)
My daily runabout is a 99 Fiat Bravo 1.2 which I picked up last year for next to nothing and have in the meantime replaced the exhaust, suspension, brakes, tyres (twice) for less that the cost of a full service of my GF's VW Golf. If you can get over badge and year snobbery , its cheap clean motoring, 162g /KM CO2 and 40+MPG which is what I need while restoring my Peugeot 205 GTI and buying lenses! I find a nicely loaded Lowepro will grip the passenger seat quite nicely without a net
S!
06-12-2010, 01:55 AM   #27
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by r0ckstarr Quote
Yeah, and they always slide *under* the seat, don't they? And I've noticed there are a lot of sharp edges under there...

Only thing I'd want is for it to be made from slightly finer mesh, so when you sit on it, it doesn't dig into your arse. And perhaps a latch at the side (the gearstick side) so you don't have to slide it under, but can just unhook it and put whatever you want down, then latch it closed.

I have no idea what it's called, sorry.
06-12-2010, 04:46 PM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
Yeah, and they always slide *under* the seat, don't they? And I've noticed there are a lot of sharp edges under there...

Only thing I'd want is for it to be made from slightly finer mesh, so when you sit on it, it doesn't dig into your arse. And perhaps a latch at the side (the gearstick side) so you don't have to slide it under, but can just unhook it and put whatever you want down, then latch it closed.

I have no idea what it's called, sorry.
This might work.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Elastic-Net-Cargo-Crafts-Home-decore-Woodwork...item3effcd5052
Just have to trim it to fit and find some way to attatch it to the bottom of the seat.

Edit: The same seller has elastic cord.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Braided-Elastic-Cord-COLOR-BLACK-/270507385865?cmd=ViewI...item3efb7f2409

All that is needed now are some small plastic hooks to connect it to the underside of the seat. Stay tuned....

Last edited by r0ckstarr; 06-12-2010 at 05:01 PM.
06-17-2010, 01:17 PM   #29
Veteran Member

great cars

I had a 124 spyder years ago some dude creamed it he was drunk boy did I cry hard to find them in the states anymore
06-17-2010, 01:31 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Had a 124 sport coupe in the '70s. Fun to drive on the rare occasions that all vitals were within normal limits.

Ended up being recalled and junked owing to rust in the front end. Fitting end for a fetid auto.