Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
06-03-2010, 11:32 AM   #46
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by omega leader Quote
The financial costs associated with acquiring a non-failing brand to simply kill it far outweighs the potential benefits. This just isn't done.
So you're agreeing with me?

06-03-2010, 12:14 PM   #47
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
So you're agreeing with me?
I think canon will buy pentax so that they can raise the price of the screw mount adapter.
06-05-2010, 12:07 AM   #48
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sons and grandsons born in wealthy families are not known to be visionaries. They only want to preserve their wealth using least amount of sweat and hard thinking. It's normal, because they've inherited something, and not used their own brains and brawn to achieve it. They only bet on safe.
06-05-2010, 02:25 AM   #49
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
Sons and grandsons born in wealthy families are not known to be visionaries. They only want to preserve their wealth using least amount of sweat and hard thinking. It's normal, because they've inherited something, and not used their own brains and brawn to achieve it. They only bet on safe.
I agree with Uluru.

In Australia, Hoya lenses (for your glasses) are now sold as Pentax lenses. Hoya obviously think that the Pentax name has a higher level of prestige than Hoya.

06-05-2010, 02:56 AM   #50
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
That's why I mentioned Jamie Packer...
06-10-2010, 07:46 AM   #51

My two cents. Someone told me many years ago that Japanese businesses tend to co-operate for mutual survival (symbiotic) rather than try to destroy each other in a dog-eat-dog world (survival of the fittest). I don't know how true that is as I'm not familiar with Japanese business culture. Perhaps someone who lives or have lived there can comment.

Having said that, I doubt that Hoya will intentionally kill the Pentax brand, especially when worldwide DSLR sales are climbing. Sony bought Minolta and started the Alpha line. Sony/Minolta is an even smaller market player than Hoya/Pentax.

BTW, yes, this is my first post, yay! I've been lurking here since I bought my first DSLR.