Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-02-2010, 04:09 AM   #76
Inactive Account

It's pretty sad when we have to compare Pentax/Hoya's latest and greatest to a competitors product that is almost 5 years old.......I mean...seriously.....

06-02-2010, 04:31 AM   #77
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Al_in_the_Shire Quote
It's pretty sad when we have to compare Pentax/Hoya's latest and greatest to a competitors product that is almost 5 years old.......I mean...seriously.....
No, it is amazing that the kx sensor can match up with any full frame sensor out there, even one that is five years old. Of course, there are improvements over time in sensor technology, but the point is not to pick an old camera, but to say that APS-C has improved significantly over time.

Of course full frame sensors have improved as well, but the Kx sensor is pretty amazing. The idea of shooting comfortably at iso 3200 with an APS-C sensor was unheard of even three or four years ago.
06-02-2010, 04:35 AM   #78

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
No, it is amazing that the kx sensor can match up with any full frame sensor out there, even one that is five years old. Of course, there are improvements over time in sensor technology, but the point is not to pick an old camera, but to say that APS-C has improved significantly over time.

Of course full frame sensors have improved as well, but the Kx sensor is pretty amazing. The idea of shooting comfortably at iso 3200 with an APS-C sensor was unheard of even three or four years ago.
This is exactly what people shooting since 2 years with (almost) the same sensor in their Nikon D90 are thinking...
Kx is not a revolution in the photographic world, just a good evolution in the entry level.
06-02-2010, 10:55 AM   #79
Veteran Member

I think this thread is close to what my pentax friend retailer said. He told me there would be no new camera in photokina. The new one will be on the april-may date. There some to be a changed of plans from pentax. last time we talk before i went vacation was it would be in photokina but Pentax will introduced 645D.

Also the new camera is not a FF but as good as FF. Its a 25 MP sensor.

06-02-2010, 11:16 AM   #80
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kenn100D Quote
I really hope this is not true...
06-02-2010, 11:29 AM   #81
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
I really hope this is not true...
If it's an APS-C body, yes. But what if it were a budget, lightweight 645 body with a larger than FF sensor...?
06-02-2010, 12:08 PM   #82
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
If it's an APS-C body, yes. But what if it were a budget, lightweight 645 body with a larger than FF sensor...?
Two medium format bodies? No way.

In fact, even 25Mpix FF body would not excite me. 12-15Mpix FF body - I would go for it without hesitation! Something like Nikon D700, please, just smaller and with K-mount
06-02-2010, 12:57 PM   #83

I just wonder when people will stop dreaming of pentax becoming nikon or canon. Why the hell they should make another camera just like d700? that would be insane.. Ofcourse very good low light perfomence and good af is highlly recomended but they can't make a camera with similar specs, it'll kill them. Lets use same principals that led us to k7 and make a similar ff camera and that could be a real deal maker.

And my wish for double sd slot, 100% 1x viewfinder (och how great it would look with the magnifying eyecup..), gosh why canon has stole those ideas with 7d..

06-02-2010, 02:38 PM   #84
Veteran Member

So now we've got a 25 mp camera that's not FF and will give the D700's low light performance a run for its money.

I do believe it is going to be a long, rumor-filled Summer
06-02-2010, 06:56 PM   #85
Veteran Member

I think this thread is close to what my pentax friend retailer said. He told me there would be no new camera in photokina. The new one will be on the april-may date. There some to be a changed of plans from pentax. last time we talk before i went vacation was it would be in photokina but Pentax will introduced 645D.

I'm just wondering how a 25MP sensor be as good as a FF, unless if they are not talking about FOV? otherwise, Pentax must be kidding just by saying that.
06-02-2010, 07:55 PM   #86
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
I'm just wondering how a 25MP sensor be as good as a FF, unless if they are not talking about FOV? otherwise, Pentax must be kidding just by saying that.
Kidding, or deluded.
06-02-2010, 10:50 PM   #87
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
25mp aps-c? No way.
Better 15mp with less noise, faster and maybe 1080p, why not?
No more than 18mp IMO.
06-03-2010, 03:25 AM   #88
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
Two medium format bodies? No way.
Why not? Haven't there already been hints that a less expensive body may come?

QuoteQuote:
In fact, even 25Mpix FF body would not excite me. 12-15Mpix FF body - I would go for it without hesitation! Something like Nikon D700, please, just smaller and with K-mount
What if a simplified 645-mount body could be made with a weight close to the D700? Shouldn't really be impossible, the D700 weighs 1kg, the 645 is not that far away. It has to remain relatively chunky because of the long flange distance, but the current 645D has a lot of "air" behind the focal plane, there's literally a lot of room for improvement.

And a 25 mp camera with the same crop factor as the 645D would correspond to a 14.8 mp FF camera, i.e. good low-light high ISO is possible. In addition, Pentax has quite a lens lineup for the 645, and prices are not bad (similar to the better N & C glass).

Anyway, it would at least make 25 mp, "good as FF", and "not FF" fit together
06-03-2010, 04:07 AM   #89
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote

Anyway, it would at least make 25 mp, "good as FF", and "not FF" fit together
that would really piss people off, especially those who have AF FF lenses. unless Pentax finds a solution or adapter on making those FF lenses fully functional.
06-03-2010, 04:14 AM   #90
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
unless Pentax finds a solution or adapter on making those FF lenses fully functional.
An adapter would only make them useful as macro lenses