Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
06-06-2010, 10:33 PM   #16
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
I wasn't going to say anything fearing crk people getting in trouble, but since its out of the bag-

I was at PMA 2010 two days ago, Full frame is coming, but specs aren't known for now, it will be announced at Photokina, but will be released somewhere in 2011.

I also played with 645D, its coming out a few weeks after japan get it for Australia!
USA won't be getting it soon I heard from them.

14K AUD body only.

Last edited by sifun; 06-06-2010 at 10:40 PM.
06-06-2010, 11:18 PM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sifun Quote
I
I was at PMA 2010 two days ago, Full frame is coming, but specs aren't known for now, it will be announced at Photokina, but will be released somewhere in 2011.
Mmm this is way it doesn't contradict what I heard.
06-06-2010, 11:32 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Regarding 21Mp and aps-c; I remember there is (or at least was) a rumor that Sony is expected to make a 16Mp sensor for the A700 replacement (and probably Nikon D400). So a 21Mp crop sensor from sony is not expected by me.

21Mp FF from canon? Thats sounds crazy, but maybe they rather sell to pentax than lets pentax buy from sony?
06-06-2010, 11:40 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Right. Because my only complaint with the K20d was that it needed 6 more megapixels. I hope this isn't true, aps-c or FF. If Nikon is still putting out 12mp FF's, that smoke the competition in hish ISO IQ, then why doesn't everyone feel the need to keep pushing the bar?

06-06-2010, 11:42 PM   #20

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Supernaut Quote
Regarding 21Mp and aps-c; I remember there is (or at least was) a rumor that Sony is expected to make a 16Mp sensor for the A700 replacement (and probably Nikon D400). So a 21Mp crop sensor from sony is not expected by me.

21Mp FF from canon? Thats sounds crazy, but maybe they rather sell to pentax than lets pentax buy from sony?
Samsung maybe?

/Tommy
06-06-2010, 11:53 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tommy Quote
Samsung maybe?

/Tommy
Yes, why not. That is even thinking inside the box
I has been quiet a long time since the first rumor of Sammy making a FF sensor. Hopefully they aren't working on a crop sensor with this pixel count...
06-06-2010, 11:53 PM - 3 Likes   #22
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Urkeldaedalus Quote
Alright guys, we've already got a lot of talent in this thread. We've got a rumor somebody says they heard, a large spec number, and somebody just mentioned full frame. Let's take this thread to 1,000!!!
That's why I love this forum. The rumours take flight like a flock of pigeons before a hyped-up toddler in the park.

Let's say Pentax releases a promotional beer mug, as marketing swag:

Original Poster: "Hey, anyone seen this new beer mug Pentax are giving out at Photokina?"

"What? Beer Mug? Why would they do that?"

"OMG! 'Asahi' is the name of one of Japan's biggest breweries! Pentax used to be Asahi Optical Company! COINCIDENCE?!?!"

"Great. Hoya's selling Pentax to Asahi."

OP: "I don't think that's wh-"

"Pentax is going into the beer business?! Oh, noes!"

OP: "Look, it doesn't mean anyth-"

"Cool! I hope they release a pilsener!"

"Yay! A Pentax Pils!"

OP: "Look, you're all reading too-"

"I hate pilseners. They'd better do a lager."

"I want an ale. If they don't, I'm going to sell all my Pentax gear and move to a camera company that makes an ale."

"OMG, lagers suck! And besides - I heard from my fourth cousin's second best friend's ex-girlfriend's ex-fiancé ex-husband's roommate's dog walker's dental hygienist's uncle's former business partner who met a former Canadian wheat farmer's son at a bar in Munich that a subsidiary of a company who had previously done business with a subsidiary of Hoya had bought fifty tons of wheat from Saskatchewan."

"Ooo - a wheat beer! They're going to make a wheat beer!"

"Cool. I love Hoegaarden."

"You idiot. They were in Munich - it's going to be a German-style weissbier. Hoegaarden's Belgian."

OP: "I-"

"Anyone know of any pretzel or beernut accessories that are going to be released? Chips? Kebabs?"

"This is bullshit. Pentax should've gone to Suntory - huge glasses suck, and Pentax is famous for smaller glass. A whiskey tumbler or shot glass is more in line with the Pentax philosophy and is what people want!"

OP: *weeps*

06-06-2010, 11:58 PM   #23
Pentaxian

LOL!

Actually I own a boot-shaped German beer glass with the Asahi Pentax logo on it (the crowned eye); this was given to representatives on a 60's Photokina. So the story is not very far off
06-07-2010, 12:00 AM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Why not? K20D body could be big enough to house a FF sensor. Pentax knows a lot of people liked that body size/shape/style. So why not upgrade from the current models to a K20D style body with a FF 21MP sensor?
No, no one would ever call a brand new FF camera as a replacement of an APS-C model (and a discontinued model, no less).

And no, I don't believe a FF model at Photokina. It just does not make economic sense for Hoya.
06-07-2010, 12:06 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
That's why I love this forum. The rumours take flight like a flock of pigeons before a hyped-up toddler in the park.

Let's say Pentax releases a promotional beer mug, as marketing swag:

[snipped before I spit my drink all over my monitor]
LOL!!! Great capture of the innermost working of pentaxforums!
06-07-2010, 12:12 AM   #26
Pentaxian

It is all adding up now.
Samsung has a patent for 10.7 MP sensor (almost half of the rumored 21MP)
Some one told that Pentax is coming with a camera that will give FF a run for its money.
Some one is sure that FF is not coming.
So here is my addition to this rumour. Pentax is getting the new sensor from Samsung, some how manages to put 2 of them together in a body big enough (K20D replacement) to hold them to come up with 21MP non-FF DSLR
06-07-2010, 12:20 AM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

" Pentax 645: 14K AUD body only."

ahh well I'm thankful my sister has some pull with the bank. what was the price on the lens though?
06-07-2010, 12:32 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by siva.ss.kumar Quote
It is all adding up now.
Samsung has a patent for 10.7 MP sensor (almost half of the rumored 21MP)
Some one told that Pentax is coming with a camera that will give FF a run for its money.
Some one is sure that FF is not coming.
So here is my addition to this rumour. Pentax is getting the new sensor from Samsung, some how manages to put 2 of them together in a body big enough (K20D replacement) to hold them to come up with 21MP non-FF DSLR
Yes, that's what I heard too:

One 10,7MP looking through the lens and another one looking trough the VF so that each time you take a crappy photo of some unsignificant subjects (landscape, flowers, macro, other people...) you can, at the same time, take a beautiful picture of the world's most important and magnificent subjetc: yourself!

... Oh, and I also heard it comes in rainbow colors...
06-07-2010, 01:21 AM   #29
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cool, so now FF is coming we can rekindle the debate on what lenses will work on this new Pentax...
What will become of the DA series, and will there be more DFAs coming on the scene?
I'll get the popcorn ready for this show...
06-07-2010, 02:10 AM   #30
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
21 MP - I think it's not Canon.