Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
06-13-2010, 01:59 PM   #61

I am sorry. Have you ever held a ZX-L in your hands before? I'd do some research before mouthing off.

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
The L doesn't either and with the S you give up some of the pentaprism. Furthermore, the L has a pentamirror. So what is your point? That's why for AF film, the aperture rings are important. The point of this is to test for cropping in the viewfinder and on the film.

06-13-2010, 02:04 PM   #62
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cousinsane Quote
I am sorry. Have you ever held a ZX-L in your hands before? I'd do some research before mouthing off.
Yes as well as an MZ-3. You are the one mouthing off. I'd suggest you take some of your own advice.
06-13-2010, 02:16 PM   #63

Well, I guess you weren't paying much attention when you held the ZX-L.
And you should have done some research before replying to my post.

I've shot many rolls of film with my DA70 on ZX-L. So believe me, you can manually select aperture value on ZX-L

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Yes as well as an MZ-3. You are the one mouthing off. I'd suggest you take some of your own advice.
06-13-2010, 02:36 PM   #64
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Maybe not, but I did pay attention to the pentamirror and realized it was smaller than my K200d's pentamirror.

QuoteOriginally posted by cousinsane Quote
Well, I guess you weren't paying much attention when you held the ZX-L.
And you should have done some research before replying to my post.

I've shot many rolls of film with my DA70 on ZX-L. So believe me, you can manually select aperture value on ZX-L

06-13-2010, 03:20 PM   #65

Hear, Hear!

Great post Falk and very sound reasoning regarding FullFrame. Ned might be a nice guy but he has to tow the line for the parent company in Japan. I don't buy the whole argument that old lenses (legacy glass) can't be used on FF DSLR's either. A couple close friends of mine have Canon 5D Mark II's and get great results from old lenses. Flickr is also a great place to see what FullFrame cameras can do.

I'm definitely in the market for a FullFrame K-Mount Pentax DSLR and some new D-FA primes. Hurry up already Hoya/Pentax!

(Now if we can just talk Fuji into producing some prime FullFrame lenses (16, 24, 50, 85, 105, 135) for the major camera mounts (Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Sony) using the EBC coatings I'd be on cloud nine!)

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote

(abridged)

Until I actually did a serious measurement of this lens, I judge it based on the fact that Pentax patented the lens as a full frame lens and that me and several others cannot see any sign of vignetting when looking through a FF viewfinder (just tried again). I've seen the serious vignetting claim as well (1 Chinese post) and don't believe it. I actually watched the exit pupil getting obscured at a given angle which lies slightly outside the full frame image plane...

(abridged)

Last edited by Angevinn; 06-13-2010 at 03:46 PM.
06-13-2010, 04:26 PM   #66
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by builttospill Quote
Just my opinion, but this would be a mistake.
A mistake in my mind too. I wouldn't buy a lens without an aperture ring these days.