Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-05-2010, 07:32 AM   #151

BS

Sony is revamping their lens lineup. A number of new primes and zooms are being brought out in the next 12 months. Including a new 50mm prime.

Sony is not dropping out of the DSLR market. Sony is putting a lot of focus on the NEX because it is a new product line.

I find all of your posts to be complete bullsh*t simonsmyth. No one should take anything you write seriously. Photokina is too close to be fooling people for very long.

QuoteOriginally posted by SimonSmyth Quote
Sony camera division somewhat suffering bipolar! I predict they will end DSLRs in the next 6-12month and focus on compacts & NEX only.

07-05-2010, 08:24 AM   #152

LOL Now you are also a financial analyst?
Don't you have any more ridiculous source? This one is from... 2004!
So I will not waste my time to explain point after point why you are telling bullshit, some people did it before me for most of your arguments.
I will just correct you on that Sony thing: Sony was in delicate situation 1 year ago, but this year all is in green. And they want to become number 1 in the camera world, more than anytime before! They are spending more money than any other company to develop new technology, new innovative products, on all the segments possible to achieve their goal. And they even might do it within a few years.
Camera market is actually one of their biggest priority. So if their is for sure 1 company in the world that will not leave camera market now, it is surely Sony...
07-05-2010, 08:33 AM   #153

QuoteOriginally posted by SimonSmyth Quote
I was financial analyst with HSBC in my younger years based in Hong Kong then worked for Barclays for a bit. Photography always was first love got chance to work in industry and never looked back. Business degree major Economics, Accounting and Finance. Will start MBA next year for fun.

In response to Sonys problems "Time will tell" I dont believe they will last!
From your point of view (2004), I can already tell you what it is actually...
Anyway, enjoy your funny game with the (few) pentaxian expecting for such a "Pro APS-C machine gun camera" you are describing. On my side I am only interested in FF fairy tales...
07-14-2010, 05:21 AM   #154
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
[..]
The better sensor and faster AF are the two things that will matter the most.
[..]
More important in my mind is to improve the QC on the lens side, and improve the SDM quality/speed.
Exactly what I have been thinking too, I'll update from my K10, if these points will be addressed!

07-14-2010, 09:16 AM   #155
Forum Member

I know I'm already enjoying one of the world's best APS-C viewfinders (though some from Canon and Nikon are just as good, with more information displayed), but what I'd really like to see would be an even better finder. Much bigger. With an optional original Pentax split-prism screen. This would really get them some attention from exactly the folks they're trying to sell to.

And if a man can dream, with a real-time histogram, configurable grid-line overlay and focus points you can see in bright sunlight.
07-15-2010, 03:41 AM   #156

Any chance we'll see something similar to a K20D body (WR, top LCD, etc.) with a Sony A550 14.2MP, good high iso sensor?

I heard Pentax worked their High-ISO magic on the Sony A500 sensor and put it in the K-X. Apparently the Sony A550 (14.2MP) is better in that department already.
07-15-2010, 04:11 PM   #157
Veteran Member

Similar to K20?
No,K20 concept is dead.
K-7 concept is actually

07-15-2010, 11:14 PM   #158

Zackspeed - Andy!

Hey Andy,

All the APS-C and DA talk about what is coming up at Photokina, tell your people at Hoya/Pentax to hurry up with the FullFrame DSLR already.

I love Pentax but I refuse to buy another APS-C camera unless Pentax does something crazy cool like a square sensor. I'm tired of waiting for FullFrame!

I enjoy your posts, thanks for the insight you share.

Regards,

A.

QuoteOriginally posted by zackspeed Quote
Similar to K20?
No,K20 concept is dead.
K-7 concept is actually
07-16-2010, 03:04 AM   #159

sync speed

I just want a sensor as nice (or better than the KX sensor) and a 250 (or more) sync speed.

come on, pentax... 180 sync?!?!?! I hope you guys are reading this.... I'm telling you, a lot of Pentax strobist shooters will be happy with a 250 sync in the new body...
07-16-2010, 03:43 AM   #160
Forum Member

This doesn't seem to be so easy. Sony has 1/180th Sync with Anti-Shake enabled, as well.

Maybe Pentax could disable SR for sync speeds faster than 1/180. Or use a sensor with electronic shutter, like Nikon has on the D50 and D70.
07-16-2010, 03:57 AM   #161
Veteran Member

One other thing regarding flash that Nikon does beter is high trigger voltage protection up to 300V. I wish pentax at least declared what is safe voltage for pc sync and hot shoe.
07-16-2010, 07:47 AM   #162
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Matjazz Quote
One other thing regarding flash that Nikon does beter is high trigger voltage protection up to 300V. I wish pentax at least declared what is safe voltage for pc sync and hot shoe.
I have used an old studio flash with a +275V trigger voltage (hooked up through the PC sync) on my K-7. I did so many times, I only found that out later

So the K-7 should be able to take that sort of voltages.
07-16-2010, 10:46 AM   #163
Inactive Account

I know at this point a lot has been covered, but being that I am quite satisfied with my k7 the new model had better be a true step up. To me that means:

a full frame sensor
exceptional high ISO/low light performance
dual sd slots
1080p video with more control
more robust WR flash with high sync speed

a wireless file transfer grip would be nice but far from essential. I know I can get these specs from other companies if/when the time comes to make that move, but I would prefer to stick with Pentax.
07-17-2010, 09:50 AM   #164
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr. Ben Quote
I know at this point a lot has been covered, but being that I am quite satisfied with my k7 the new model had better be a true step up. To me that means:

a full frame sensor
exceptional high ISO/low light performance
dual sd slots
1080p video with more control
more robust WR flash with high sync speed

a wireless file transfer grip would be nice but far from essential. I know I can get these specs from other companies if/when the time comes to make that move, but I would prefer to stick with Pentax.
I'll second that, and it speaks to something I've said before - in terms of a camera "above" the K7, what real step up is there other than a Full Frame sensor? Anything else is but incremental improvements to what the K7 already is, and it won't justify a higher price point than the K7's introductory price.
07-17-2010, 10:44 AM   #165
Veteran Member

I suppose a logical upgrade will be more likely be composed of a full-frame sensor or EVIL APS-C, fixing the issue of sensor overheating during video mode (more stability), banding issues which is caused by the sensor itself, complete manual exposure control during video recording. a faster AF mechanism.

I won't mind them boosting up the ISO or improving the IQ at higher sensitivities but I won't buy one if this is the only thing that they improved on.