Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-20-2010, 10:25 AM   #181
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by DronDrive Quote
C.W Tsorotes
Not fun, you should be boring) enjoy waitng that's fun)))!!!
Are you Maksim Chicherin?

07-20-2010, 10:46 AM   #182
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
What's the point of secrecy if you cannot tell it to me? I'm Pentax biggest Fanboy and I want to know about the upcoming models!!! Dammit!!
QuoteOriginally posted by C.W Tsorotes Quote
Lol I am an ass! :P
There is all kinds of revelations in this thread. Asahiflex is a 'Fanboy' and CW is an ass. Hysterical
07-20-2010, 10:53 AM   #183
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Where is Maxim, by the way...?
07-20-2010, 11:15 AM   #184

Excuse me but I the simple student from Russia

07-20-2010, 01:13 PM   #185

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Where is Maxim, by the way...?
I think he is testing new Pentax pre-prod body
Ogl ask him, he should have more info Question is if he give this info at all
07-20-2010, 01:59 PM   #186
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
There is all kinds of revelations in this thread. Asahiflex is a 'Fanboy' and CW is an ass. :Hysterical:
Now, just the heavenly revelations from Japan and all is good...
07-20-2010, 03:39 PM   #187
Veteran Member

If Pentax is going to introduce a pro body, what segment of the professional market will it target?

Pentax does not have the long glass to appeal to a most sports shooters. They do not have the service and availability to appeal to guys who travel a great deal.

AF and frame rate need to be improved to appeal to the sports/wildlife crowd.

No FF sensor or high resolution sensor to appeal to the landscape/wedding crowd.

Wedding shooters need better flash, better DR.

I use my 85L and 135L most of the time and rent a 200L often enough I have considered buying one. Pentax has the 55mm, but the other two are not options from Pentax. I don't have a need for real long glass, but sports/wildlife guys need 400mm, 500mm, & 600mm. Sony is rolling out a new 500mm G Series lens, so it looks like Sony is going to make a push for this segment.

I'm sure Pentax will release an excellent body, but I doubt we will see a truly "pro" grade body. What is the Pentax specialty? What segment of photography does Pentax excel?

07-20-2010, 03:53 PM   #188
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I don't think there is a pro model.
By the old definition the K-7 qualifies to a pro body; that is a pro built body (magnesium alloy, steel chassis, weather sealing) that can withstand more than 100 000 exposures without service....
07-20-2010, 03:56 PM   #189
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
I'm sure Pentax will release an excellent body, but I doubt we will see a truly "pro" grade body. What is the Pentax specialty? What segment of photography does Pentax excel?
Exactly. Their market segment is amateur photographers who won't spend the money on Leica, Canon, or Nikon yet want the same quality at Pentax prices and then endless complain they are going to switch brands. I'm guessing for every brand switch complaint posted on this forum in the last year there were a whole lot of new Pentax users who bought the KX. Who bought the KX, that's their market for DLSR's. I for one will be truly shocked if Pentax releases a "pro" full frame camera. They are niche market company who actually are quite good at what they do. Even the 645D is a niche market product.

You don't have to be Canon or Nikon to stay in business and sell cameras. You just may not sell as many as they do. Subaru doesn't sell as many cars as Toyota.
07-20-2010, 03:57 PM   #190
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WerTicus Quote
Riddle me this: If someone likes the sensor in the Kx and the body /user interface of the K7 will they upgrade?
The Sensortype,also used in K-x,is going to be out off production.
Next time is no more a 12 MP Sensor available
07-20-2010, 04:30 PM   #191
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zackspeed Quote
The Sensortype,also used in K-x,is going to be out off production.
Next time is no more a 12 MP Sensor available
The new Sony 15MP ExmorHD sensor would be nice. Sony will release 4 new bodies in Sept. two of them will be A5xx series.
07-20-2010, 04:34 PM   #192
Veteran Member

Yup....and one of them is very fast,inclusive exp.metering.not like the actually sony models........
but.....nope...i don´t think that this is the new pentax sensor for the topmodel k-
and the other model will use the k- sensor.
07-20-2010, 04:52 PM   #193
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zackspeed Quote
Yup....and one of them is very fast,inclusive exp.metering.not like the actually sony models........
but.....nope...i don´t think that this is the new pentax sensor for the topmodel k-
and the other model will use the k- sensor.
If I had to guess I would say Pentax got a really good deal on the 3+ year old sensor used in the K-x and that is why they went with it. Sony probably had a surplus. I would be surprised if the new Pentax did not have a new Samsung sensor in it. Samsung is not selling enough cameras to justify production of a sensor, so they need to sell to someone to generate enough volume to keep cost down. Pentax is the only company that would be interested. The sensor in the K-7 is a very good sensor, it is just not up to the level of expectation. Samsung's 14.39MP sensor could be interesting.
07-26-2010, 07:02 AM   #194
Inactive Account

I hope the sensor and AF will improve that is my only wish.
One guy hit it on the head I think. And i will testify to it also. I bought the K-7 because it was cheap, and a good deal. I bought two pieces of fast glass from Sigma. I have bitched and moaned, but I still will not switch. I do not make my living from photo work and i enjoy the extra work to make things work. And I am a cheap sob.
Keep up the good work Pentax.
07-26-2010, 05:42 PM   #195
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
I don't think there is a pro model.
By the old definition the K-7 qualifies to a pro body; that is a pro built body (magnesium alloy, steel chassis, weather sealing) that can withstand more than 100 000 exposures without service....
I know a pro shooting for AP that used a Nikon D60 'cause it was cheap and easy to hide in a war zone.

When you have a nail, you get a hammer. When you have a staple, you get a stapler.