Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-15-2010, 07:28 AM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
... Olympus: E-3 & E-30 replacements + new m4/3
As an aside, if you think the Pentax is ripe for an update, it's nothing compared to the angst and frustration of Oly owners over their "ancient" E-3...

06-15-2010, 08:00 AM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MrPetkus Quote
As an aside, if you think the Pentax is ripe for an update, it's nothing compared to the angst and frustration of Oly owners over their "ancient" E-3...
As an E-3 owner...... I agree. Olympus is a company that makes very high quality cameras, but they really struggle with direction and consistent product cycles.

The future of 4/3 is questionable, but it has been since it was introduced.
06-15-2010, 08:01 AM   #33
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm quite convinced that a new Pentax high-end model will be coming soon...in the mean time, I guess we can enjoy the cheaper K-7's from B&H. (link)

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-15-2010, 08:57 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I'm quite convinced that a new Pentax high-end model will be coming soon...in the mean time, I guess we can enjoy the cheaper K-7's from B&H. (link)
Exactly. Canon and Nikon are going to get a run for their money... We're going to see some amazing things happen as Pentax releases it's new camera. Very soon!

06-15-2010, 09:39 AM   #35
Inactive Account

prices just went back up...

slightly.
still under the $800 level though, but wow. in less than a day, it bounced 2x!
guess so many pentaxians pulled the trigger on this
06-16-2010, 12:41 AM   #36
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I will wait for new announcement rather then buying k-7 even at that price, but may be a time to get used k-7 in market section - wouldn't be surprised if k-7 comes to $600-$650 level soon there.
06-16-2010, 08:38 AM   #37
JHD
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I just picked up a K-7 to compliment my K-x and all I can say is WOW! What a camera... $764 for this level of quality is unbelievable! K-7 is amazing and I for one couldn't care less about what Pentax releases next. The K-7 is designed to last for 100,000 actuations and I intend on taking it to the limit.

Remember the days before digital, when you'd buy one body and it would last a lifetime? Remember the days before AF and ISO 400? Well if you stop and think about that for a moment, you might better appreciate the K-7 even with all its so called limitations. I hardly think most people holding out will be able to produce better images with whatever the next temporal latest greatest body Pentax releases next. I'm tempted to buy another K-7 because there most likely never be another opportunity to get so much for so little.

06-16-2010, 10:59 AM   #38

is it a good time? or it's getting even cheaper in the coming months? say, to around $680?
06-16-2010, 11:00 AM   #39
Veteran Member

I agree with everything written here...

QuoteOriginally posted by JHD Quote
I just picked up a K-7 to compliment my K-x and all I can say is WOW! What a camera... $764 for this level of quality is unbelievable! K-7 is amazing and I for one couldn't care less about what Pentax releases next. The K-7 is designed to last for 100,000 actuations and I intend on taking it to the limit.

Remember the days before digital, when you'd buy one body and it would last a lifetime? Remember the days before AF and ISO 400? Well if you stop and think about that for a moment, you might better appreciate the K-7 even with all its so called limitations. I hardly think most people holding out will be able to produce better images with whatever the next temporal latest greatest body Pentax releases next. I'm tempted to buy another K-7 because there most likely never be another opportunity to get so much for so little.
06-16-2010, 11:34 AM   #40
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by ll_coffee_lP Quote
Meh, I've been making all my big gear purchases (i.e. camera bodies and lenses) via the US for some time now. I'll only buy local if the prices are relatively close - which isn't very often nowadays.

I would suspect that the only reason people still buy from places like Henry's is because they aren't aware of the price differential between Canada and the US.

Warranty may be another item to think about, but to be honest - I've never had a problem with any of my bodies or lenses (ever) and am not fearful of buying from the US and importing.

c[_]

P.S. This is a great price for the K-7. Totally worth every penny!
Same here. Price differentials US to Can are too good to pass up, and when the dollar was at par....well, even now with a ~$0.95 dollar, the deals are great.

And don't forget, Camera equipment is not subject to import duty under NAFTA so you won't get dinged at customs. I've imported a K10D, K20D, DA* lenses, and never had to pay duties. I just pulled the trigger on a K-7 from the US for $695 (private sale NIB), couldn't pass it up.

Last edited by Leaf Fan; 06-16-2010 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Spelling
06-16-2010, 04:48 PM   #41
JHD
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by shang Quote
is it a good time? or it's getting even cheaper in the coming months? say, to around $680?
Put it to you this way, I seriously doubt that even if you paid more than the current price, you'd be flabbergasted. The K-7 is a high quality semi pro camera that one cannot reasonably expect to purchase for under a $1000. Even at a $1000, it would still be a lot of camera for a relatively small sum.
06-16-2010, 07:47 PM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by shang Quote
Let's say it does, in four months.

That's 68¢ per day.

I'm pretty sure I get at least 73¢ worth from my K-7 every day I use it.
06-17-2010, 04:55 AM   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pulling the trigger

Checked yesterday ... the B&H price is still at 763 with free shipping.

As the cartoon character Popeye used to say: "That's all I can stands; I can't stands no more!"

My K-7 is now on the way. I hope it solves most of my low light focus issues with my K20.

regards,

germar
06-17-2010, 07:26 AM   #44
Banned

Cheapest price in the Netherlands is 869 euro wich is quit good price since it was startng at 1149 euro almost one year ago (I bought mine on july 27 for 1149 euro).
06-17-2010, 10:34 PM   #45
Veteran Member

Good timing as I needed a replacement K-7. That is a fine price for a quality camera.