Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-14-2007, 03:19 PM   #16
Senior Member




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Barbados
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 270
I thought that it was the FILM 645 that was discontinued?

08-14-2007, 06:21 PM   #17
Inactive Account




Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: London
Posts: 1,067
And I once believed that 'Pigs might fly'.....well folks, the other night I noticed a Police Helicopter with two officers 'flying low' over our house, which might qualify as a 'sighting' to some extent ! I heard them on my short-wave radio and they kept shouting to one another: "Here, it looks like that bloke's got one of them fancy new Pentax K10D DSLR's....let's 'nick' him shall we ?"
Anyhow I've got a beautiful Mamiya 50mm F 4.0 perspective shift lens that I would dearly love to use on a genuine 6 x 4.5 full-frame Mamiya digital camera body, but such an animal hasn't transpired yet. The nearest attempt (ZD) presently costs in excess of 8,000.00 (or approx US $ 16,000.00) for just the body alone, so what chance do you realistically think Pentax have of producing a truly affordable full-frame medium-format DSLR. If that ever happens, I'll swing through-the-trees in the all-together, which won't be a pretty sight, I can tell you !!!

Best regards
Richard

Last edited by Confused; 08-15-2007 at 02:30 AM.
08-14-2007, 07:09 PM   #18
Veteran Member
jeffkrol's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Wisconsin USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,435
QuoteOriginally posted by Confused Quote
Anyhow I've got a beautiful Mamiya 50mm F 4.0 perspective shift lens that I would dearly love to use on a genuine 6 x 4.5 full-frame Mamiya digital camera body, but such an animal hasn't transpired yet. The nearest attempt (ZD) presently costs in excess of 8,000.00 (or approx US $ 16,000.00) for just the body alone, so what chance do you realistically think Pentax have of producing a truly full-frame affordable medium-format DSLR?

Best regards
Richard
I as well doubt the 645D will ever be produced and HOYA is probably the last nail in it's coffin....
Too bad they wouldn't do it "just because they can"......
Here is someone else of the same opinion:
Re: And the 645d?????????: News Discussion Forum: Digital Photography Review
08-29-2007, 07:55 AM   #19
Busiko
Guest




QuoteOriginally posted by wll Quote
Not a chance, where on the roadmap do you see new FF lenses ..... not now ...... maybe in 3 or four years, but even then I doubt it as tech will have changed so much, the APS-C will be as good as the best FF now ..... Moot Point.


wll
Well you can't have a roadmap for a product that is not yet announced, can you?

08-29-2007, 07:57 AM   #20
Pentaxian
thibs's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,263
You could but it would be stupid, it would tell all other brands your intentions.
08-29-2007, 08:23 PM   #21
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 330
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
I would love to see the 645D hit the market before the years end. That would be a major coup...
like a party that no one came to...
08-30-2007, 12:31 AM   #22
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jun 2007
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 597
Has Pentax totally scrapped the 645D? Pentax showrooms here has posters of the 645D in all its doors and large tarps outside its stores... what a waste of ad money...
08-30-2007, 01:45 AM   #23
Veteran Member
eurostar's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Albareto, Italy
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 816
Why not a Pentax 24x36mm (the rumored Sony full frame sensor) with 645D bayonet? That would allow a lot of space for telecentric lenses and sensor movements for SR.

08-30-2007, 09:01 AM   #24
axl
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Nove Zamky, Slovakia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,181
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
I would love to see the 645D hit the market before the years end. That would be a major coup...
I wish that would happen. But it doesn't seem to be very likely. But anyway, I'd really love to see 645D finaly finished, anounced and starting to ship in. Then I'll just have to wait something like decade, to save enough to buy one second (or even third ) hand

The bottom line, I do think that materialising 645D would finaly silence Nikon and Cannon fans saying: yeah, we have FF, what abot Pentax ?!? ...
08-30-2007, 09:47 AM   #25
Pentaxian
thibs's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,263
It would not, theywould argue they have 11FPS +
08-30-2007, 11:32 AM   #26
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangor, Maine
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,382
QuoteOriginally posted by Confused Quote
And I once believed that 'Pigs might fly'.....well folks, the other night I noticed a Police Helicopter with two officers 'flying low' over our house, which might qualify as a 'sighting' to some extent ! I heard them on my short-wave radio and they kept shouting to one another: "Here, it looks like that bloke's got one of them fancy new Pentax K10D DSLR's....let's 'nick' him shall we ?"
Anyhow I've got a beautiful Mamiya 50mm F 4.0 perspective shift lens that I would dearly love to use on a genuine 6 x 4.5 full-frame Mamiya digital camera body, but such an animal hasn't transpired yet. The nearest attempt (ZD) presently costs in excess of 8,000.00 (or approx US $ 16,000.00) for just the body alone, so what chance do you realistically think Pentax have of producing a truly affordable full-frame medium-format DSLR. If that ever happens, I'll swing through-the-trees in the all-together, which won't be a pretty sight, I can tell you !!!

Best regards
Richard
When I read posts from some people on this forum my thought is I am glad our encounter is only through the written word. Then there are posts like your's that make me want to offer to spring for dinner just so I could enjoy a conversation with you. The Compleat Angler would be a good spot if it is still as good as it was back in the 80's.

Regards,

Ken

Last edited by regken; 08-30-2007 at 06:14 PM.
08-30-2007, 04:36 PM   #27
Pentaxian
rvannatta's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Apiary, Oregon
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,176
why on earth to i WANT a FF slr.--- given the technology to make 20 mp and soon 40 mp sensors when is enough --enough.
08-30-2007, 05:59 PM   #28
Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 194
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
What or Who is a "Bentax"?..What is it? A new camera I invented?

We could do a parody of the new "Bentax" camera. :-)
Some time ago there was an announcement about a new camera line named "Petnax" which appeared on the web site of a certain well-known camera manufacturer. The page was taken down after a few days and, sadly, "Petnax" seems to have been relegated to the back pages of photography history books without having released a single product. Sic transit gloria mundi.
09-01-2007, 06:06 PM   #29
Inactive Account




Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 264
QuoteOriginally posted by Geyst Quote
Heard that pentax is replacing its 645 program with a full frame (24*36) dslr.

But I cannot find confirmation for this.
I can confirm that Pentax is indeed releasing a full frame dSLR very soon... it will be used to shoot the cover of the new album of duets by Elvis and Tupac. They decided to go for a 35mm dSLR because the 645D's chief designer was killed by MI5 on Prince Philip's orders; he knew too much about the Kennedy assassination.

09-02-2007, 03:59 AM   #30
axl
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Nove Zamky, Slovakia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,181
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
It would not, theywould argue they have 11FPS +
they can keep it,
let's make them 11 average pics in second, when we cen do 3 excelent ones at the same time
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
pentax news, pentax rumors
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
any rumour of 4th camera in Europe??? axl Pentax News and Rumors 3 09-20-2010 01:30 PM
Possible Complete K-5 Specs (Still rumour until the 22nd!) Christopher M.W.T Pentax News and Rumors 465 09-17-2010 01:28 PM
CONFIRMED UK Prices - No Rumour rparmar Pentax News and Rumors 67 09-20-2009 12:13 AM
Time for a new rumour on K30D welshwizard645 Pentax News and Rumors 34 04-24-2009 01:33 PM
Rumour: K3D, 22 Mp, square sensor cateto Pentax News and Rumors 134 02-27-2009 11:45 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:35 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top