Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-30-2010, 01:06 AM   #16
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
for the love of god, that brought you to that conclusion?
Questions are not conclusions and Pentax seems to have more 645 lens models in current production than they do 35mm lenses, hence the question. This has nothing to do with Nikon.

06-30-2010, 01:22 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by turbosaturn Quote
Questions are not conclusions and Pentax seems to have more 645 lens models in current production than they do 35mm lenses, hence the question. This has nothing to do with Nikon.

Well the idea is original, but I have my doubts if anyone in mainstream professional photography would go for 645 lenses on 35mm cameras*. Especially, if there was a smaller alternative.Besides, the use of lens adaptors would become tedious; Or they made the flange distance the same as the 645D, and that would in all probability give a 35mm full frame camera the aesthetics of a concrete brick....and probably the handling characteristics of one too, which is not the original ergonomic idea for 35mm cameras in any case.

*I know some photographers that do this with 35mm and sub 35mm DSLR cameras, typically they use the shift lenses. But even they concede that the lenses size is somewhat limiting, and the reduced lens speed is an issue too; And lets not forget pentax 645 and 67 lenses in no case are of a focal length wider than 35mm.

Last edited by Digitalis; 06-30-2010 at 01:32 AM.
07-10-2010, 09:36 PM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
Well the idea is original, but I have my doubts if anyone in mainstream professional photography would go for 645 lenses on 35mm cameras*. Especially, if there was a smaller alternative.Besides, the use of lens adaptors would become tedious; Or they made the flange distance the same as the 645D, and that would in all probability give a 35mm full frame camera the aesthetics of a concrete brick....and probably the handling characteristics of one too, which is not the original ergonomic idea for 35mm cameras in any case.
There already exists a pentax 645 to K adapter. It just doesn't pass on anything, no auto-aperture, and of course no autofocus. I really wished for auto-aperture at least, but found out after i bought the adapter that it's just dumb.

Making an FF with the flange distance of 645 is completely stupid indeed. It's no different than abandoning the K mount.