Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
07-06-2010, 12:02 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Is this some kind of strategy to convince DxO to add K-x modules?
I was thinking of another way: to open a PF thread in which to ask all K-x owners, even those who so far haven't caught an interest in DxO, to complete the request form... What do you think? Would it be weird?

07-06-2010, 03:57 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by robgo2 Quote
DxO has minimal interest in Pentax and will not devote significant resources into developing correction modules for Pentax lenses and bodies. The K-7 is quite possibly the last Pentax camera that they will ever support, and this latest release does not include any new lens modules for it. The K-x, Pentax's most successful DSLR, ever is completely unsupported by DxO, while virtually every other raw converter on the market covers it.

Pentax owners who continue to place their hopes in DxO are in a state of denial. My advice to them is to find another raw converter and move on. There are better programs available, and I say that as a former DxO user and fan.

Rob
1st : Even out of any correction module, DXO is a very worthy raw converter.
2nd : The logic of DXO is to squeeze the max of performance from your camera + lens. I find less logical that they support things like kit lenses and basic cameras than supporting top tier camera and lenses.

Even the best lenses have their flaws (corner softness, chromatic aberrations, vigneting, field curvature etc...)

However, it is possible that with the new optical modules from Lightroom 3, DXO will try to support more cameras and lenses in order to compete.
07-07-2010, 11:20 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ghelary Quote
2nd : The logic of DXO is to squeeze the max of performance from your camera + lens. I find less logical that they support things like kit lenses and basic cameras than supporting top tier camera and lenses.
it is very logical - DxO is cheap pricewise and kits have more flaws - effect will be seen much easier... so promotional USD $99 price for DxO standard for kit lens user will give him/her a noticeable result
07-07-2010, 01:35 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by deejjjaaaa Quote
it is very logical - DxO is cheap pricewise and kits have more flaws - effect will be seen much easier... so promotional USD $99 price for DxO standard for kit lens user will give him/her a noticeable result
Agreed. The high end bodies and glass probably benefit least from DXO software correction, since their optical performance should be great to begin with. Low end hardware and glass - and Sony's generally - should benefit the most from DXO's correction tricks.

07-08-2010, 11:06 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robgo2 Quote
DxO has minimal interest in Pentax and will not devote significant resources into developing correction modules for Pentax lenses and bodies. The K-7 is quite possibly the last Pentax camera that they will ever support, and this latest release does not include any new lens modules for it. The K-x, Pentax's most successful DSLR ever, is completely unsupported by DxO, while virtually every other raw converter on the market covers it.

Pentax owners who continue to place their hopes in DxO are in a state of denial. My advice to them is to find another raw converter and move on. There are better programs available, and I say that as a former DxO user and fan.

Rob
Wow. You must get invited to lots of parties!

And you know all this because......?