Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-07-2010, 05:38 PM   #16
JHD
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dlacouture Quote
Well, as always, if the manufacturer felt it important and safe enough to deploy it worldwide, and at the same time shameful enough to not mention it, then I want it!!!
The thing is my K-x doesn't have any issues... so if it ain't broke, what's the point in fixing it?

07-10-2010, 04:55 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JHD Quote
Silent firmware updates... what's up with that? I'd be very hesitant to update a camera with some mysterious firmware that nobody seems knows what it does.
Exactly, absolutely no information about this firmware. It seems like it was released in April but the date of firmware page still shows 2009.
07-10-2010, 07:16 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Being a software engineer myself, I'm totally used to these silent updates where we issue successive firmwares with a lot of fixes, some small (and so not important enough to te advertized), some important (but rather shameful), without telling anything to the customer...

So, for me, as long as it's on Pentax.jp, I'm okay!
07-10-2010, 09:52 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by yusuf Quote

I am sure there are many reason to release an upgrade now - https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/79015-k-x-firmware-wishlist.html

A wish list on a forum is a bunch of people wanting something they didn't pay for.
A firmware update is to fix bugs or to rectify oversights in the release.
The two are so far apart from being the same thing that they shouldn't even be mentioned together.