Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-14-2007, 03:53 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pentax Photo Gallery...

Has everyone seen the new gallery? Wonder how to get authorization to send in pictures. I sent an email as instructed but got no response. Anyone been able to get pictures posted?

08-14-2007, 05:10 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PaulAndAPentax Quote
Has everyone seen the new gallery? Wonder how to get authorization to send in pictures. I sent an email as instructed but got no response. Anyone been able to get pictures posted?
hi paul, and welcome to the forum.........as to your question, it really should be quite easy.......click the link ( upper left corner) to the pentax forums > user photo gallery.....if you wish to post you should find the button there to upload....this is only one of several ways as i am sure you will learn ........have a good one and enjoy the snappin'/gpaual
08-14-2007, 06:27 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gpaual Quote
hi paul, and welcome to the forum.........as to your question, it really should be quite easy.......click the link ( upper left corner) to the pentax forums > user photo gallery.....if you wish to post you should find the button there to upload....this is only one of several ways as i am sure you will learn ........have a good one and enjoy the snappin'/gpaual
Hi gpaual...

I was actually speaking of the gallery that Pentax itself has recently started:

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/home#section=HOME&subSection=0&subSubSection=0&language=EN
08-14-2007, 03:24 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I sent an email, received a response with a code a couple of days later, submitted some photos, and they posted them.

Pretty straightforward.

08-14-2007, 04:25 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Lusk Quote
I sent an email, received a response with a code a couple of days later, submitted some photos, and they posted them.

Pretty straightforward.
Thanks Tom. Just takes a few days for them to get back I guess!
08-15-2007, 04:26 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Me too

I am waiting a reply too Paul, so perhaps there is hope of hearing from them yet.
08-15-2007, 06:04 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Just Please please please think about your photos before submitting them... Make sure they are good, clear shots that really stand out. They are getting so many submissions now that they recently implemented a user-voting scheme where registered users get to look at and vote up or down on photos before they go to the site's judges. There have been TONS of "snapshots" going in lately and it's making it harder and harder for them to wade through everything. Thus, a partial reason for the wait for your invitation codes. They say the public vote is not defining, but it has to weigh heavily when a particular photo gets a lot of votes one way or the other.

Please don't take this as an exclusionist rant. Just that after looking through and voting on pics I found my YES vote was maybe 10% and I was giving the benefit of the doubt to many shots (by the way, you don't get to vote on your own photos). I need to go back and see if I can find a pattern to my votes and the shots eventually approved.
08-15-2007, 06:49 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Just Please please please think about your photos before submitting them... Make sure they are good, clear shots that really stand out. They are getting so many submissions now that they recently implemented a user-voting scheme where registered users get to look at and vote up or down on photos before they go to the site's judges. There have been TONS of "snapshots" going in lately and it's making it harder and harder for them to wade through everything. Thus, a partial reason for the wait for your invitation codes. They say the public vote is not defining, but it has to weigh heavily when a particular photo gets a lot of votes one way or the other.

Please don't take this as an exclusionist rant. Just that after looking through and voting on pics I found my YES vote was maybe 10% and I was giving the benefit of the doubt to many shots (by the way, you don't get to vote on your own photos). I need to go back and see if I can find a pattern to my votes and the shots eventually approved.
My plan was to submit only what I felt were the best of my shots that I upload to flickr which is less than 10% of what I actually take....I am pretty difficult on my own work as it is....

08-15-2007, 11:58 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Good luck on your submissions Paul. I'm sure you have many that will make it in. Once you start looking through the voting section though, you'll see what I mean. Most of the shots are decent, but I'd be embarrassed by many of the shots that people are putting in. Fortunately most of the really bad ones seem to be getting weeded out. Again, good luck!
08-15-2007, 03:14 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Good luck on your submissions Paul. I'm sure you have many that will make it in. Once you start looking through the voting section though, you'll see what I mean. Most of the shots are decent, but I'd be embarrassed by many of the shots that people are putting in. Fortunately most of the really bad ones seem to be getting weeded out. Again, good luck!
Thanks Mike. I hope to...Do you have any in there?
08-15-2007, 03:45 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Just Please please please think about your photos before submitting them...
Gotta agree 100% with you there Mike - I spent half an hour glancing through snapshots the other day that were pictures people submitted. I think my yes vote was roughly the same, maybe 10%.

I saw one group of pictures, 5 different pictures of the same woman - one of them was a little better than "snapshot" quality, but not by much. People are just submitting masses of photos without properly editing down their submissions.

Paul and Bramela by all means, good luck!
08-15-2007, 04:42 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by khardur Quote
Paul and Bramela by all means, good luck!
Thanks!

Found them Mike...your aviation shots are very nice as well as the sunset....

I would probably be looking to submit one such as this....feel free to critique it, I have thick skin...and learn from that too...

After posting this I got my email with the access.....what I didn't realize is that I won't have much to post for a while. I can't really afford Pentax glass in the focal length I use the most! I didn't realize that only Pentax glass was allowed....oh well....

Last edited by PaulAndAPentax; 08-15-2007 at 05:56 PM.
08-15-2007, 06:04 PM   #13

Ah, only Pentax glass... good to know. Do you have to extract your own exif data, or will they do that?
08-15-2007, 06:32 PM   #14
Veteran Member

depending on how you process it, most of the exif data should remain intact.

Me personally, I've had to enter lens model for every shot I've submitted, even though in Photoshop it shows the lens used. *shrug* All the other data is there, camera model, exposure settings, whether I had to pee or not when taking a long exposure... (just kidding) but I always have to enter the lens model when I submit them.