Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-07-2010, 09:00 AM   #1
Forum Member

I had a dream.

I had a dream yesterday that I read something on the forum. I think the title was about "lurking" and the new "pro-model". It wasnīt written in a speculating form but very confident and detailed about the new FF-model and Pentax roadmap for the two coming years. The member who wrote it called him self "simonsmyth", or something like that.
Have I been smoking to much lately, or...

07-07-2010, 09:05 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think I had the same dream? Strange...
07-07-2010, 09:08 AM   #3
Veteran Member

It was just a bad dream, now that you are awake, you can forget all about it.

Anyways, the person in you dream turned out to be a fraud. All his postings you saw in your dream have been deleted.

More about this here.
07-07-2010, 09:30 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
counterpoison

But if the guy really is an industrial spy and have this inside info and Pentaxengineers write an exiffile for the Pro*model that is made to look like a badly disguised K-7 exif to undermine spies confidence??
Have I smoke to much?

07-07-2010, 09:37 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mrmentera Quote
But if the guy really is an industrial spy and have this inside info and Pentaxengineers write an exiffile for the Pro*model that is made to look like a badly disguised K-7 exif to undermine spies confidence??
Have I smoke to much?
Yes.
'Cos the guy was stupid enough to steal the photo from Christopher of this very forum!
And he thought he could get away with it and hoped the original author would not recognize his own photo? :ugh:
In addition, he was not smart enough to edit the EXIF properly either.
07-07-2010, 09:48 AM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
So you meen Christopher is involved in this conspiracy also!?
What an increasing disproportion!
Outraging.
07-07-2010, 09:57 AM   #7
Veteran Member

So you meen Christopher is involved in this conspiracy also!?
Christopher was the victim.
And I would not describe this as a "conspiracy" at all. It was just a troll making up stories, preying on some of the users' desperation for a pro body.

07-07-2010, 10:17 AM   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster
Yes, I figured that out. I was only joking without a smiley.

But if we go through all conspirative possibilities. Can we trust you? Doesnīt the companys play a lot of games with us consumers. If SimonSmyth have seen the light and you and Christopher are agent Smith who is trying to herd us back in the matrix. (two smileys)
07-07-2010, 11:21 AM   #9
Banned

O great, so we first had some days fun with this guy and discussing with him and now we can have some fun discussing about him how we miss him so much.
07-07-2010, 01:00 PM   #10
Forum Member

Original Poster
Sorry. I missed the fuss.
Just read the intro, and next time it was gone.
Also missed the victim and perpetrator drama so I cant defend or support anyone. But I can see that SimonSmyth arouse some angry feelings.
Iīm rather old and new to this phenomenon of forum discussion (as well as to digital cameras (and to write in the english language)), but is it so that what SimonSmyth did was an immoral act?
When I read it I thought that it was the truth or an elaborated fraud, with a great deal of research behind it.
Concerning the forces around us in the postindustrial society, hasnīt such a fraud a very important pedagogical value?
Just wondering. :ugh: (is this a valid combination of smileys?)
07-07-2010, 02:12 PM   #11
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
Yes.
'Cos the guy was stupid enough to steal the photo from Christopher of this very forum!
And he thought he could get away with it and hoped the original author would not recognize his own photo? :ugh:
In addition, he was not smart enough to edit the EXIF properly either.
Yes. This Simonsmyte must be a realy stupid and unsmart person. It was good that you outsmarted him. He must be very angry now. People use to get angry when they are outsmarted. He deserves it, that mean, common fraud.
07-08-2010, 08:36 AM   #12
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I had a dream yesterday that I read something on the forum. I think the title was about "lurking" and the new "pro-model". It wasnīt written in a speculating form but very confident and detailed about the new FF-model and Pentax roadmap for the two coming years. The member who wrote it called him self "simonsmyth", or something like that.
Have I been smoking to much lately, or...
The person that posted it was a troll and is no longer with us. Since his posts are gone as well, there is no need to continue this discussion. CLOSED.
Closed Thread