Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-11-2010, 01:40 PM   #1
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Posts: 535
new lenses?

Everyone it talking about the new body, but personally I'm more interested in lenses. Bodies come and go, lenses stay for a while
So, are we expecting any new lenses this year? Any rumors?
Personally, I'd like to see a 55-300 WR, think that would be a hit, but I am unsure would that be event possible considering how much the lens goes out when at 300

07-11-2010, 01:57 PM   #2
Veteran Member




Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,311
QuoteOriginally posted by dankoBanana Quote
Everyone it talking about the new body, but personally I'm more interested in lenses. Bodies come and go, lenses stay for a while
So, are we expecting any new lenses this year? Any rumors?
Personally, I'd like to see a 55-300 WR, think that would be a hit, but I am unsure would that be event possible considering how much the lens goes out when at 300
+1 on that!

Well....the DA* 16-50 has a duo cam barrel system and its weather sealed. Sealing only one barrel cant be a problem, because they already done it on the 18-55 WR and 55-200 WR.

So, if Pentax will continue the DA line, they'd better do a WR version of the 55-300!

However, the question is. Is there any point making NEW srew driven zooms?
I understand making the Limiteds in screw drive, but the zooms should be updated imo, all of them.
07-11-2010, 02:01 PM   #3
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Posts: 535
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by the swede Quote

However, the question is. Is there any point making NEW srew driven zooms?
I understand making the Limiteds in screw drive, but the zooms should be updated imo, all of them.
that wouldnt be a new lens, just an update
as for screw mount lenses... they aren't SDM because they need to be cheap... what would be the point of an 55-300 WR SDM when you have a 60-250 DA*? just make it WR, without the SDM
07-11-2010, 02:19 PM   #4
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 527
In september at Photokina we will see a couple of new lenses and new aps-c bodys and the 645 with new lenses.
Also Tokina shows new lenses,and some glass in coproduction with pentax.
It looks like,that the DA*16-50 is going to be out of production,will see whats coming up for that.
Hope they bring a new one.

Best regards,Andy

07-11-2010, 02:34 PM   #5
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kaunas
Posts: 1,452
Well, they better release DA* lenses with proper SDM.
07-11-2010, 02:45 PM   #6
Veteran Member
RawheaD's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MA, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 831
Please, DA 12-24WR or better yet, DA* 10-22.
07-11-2010, 02:51 PM   #7
Veteran Member




Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,311
QuoteOriginally posted by dankoBanana Quote
that wouldnt be a new lens, just an update
as for screw mount lenses... they aren't SDM because they need to be cheap... what would be the point of an 55-300 WR SDM when you have a 60-250 DA*? just make it WR, without the SDM
Im sorry, i dont think you understand what i mean....look:

DA SDM and DA* SDM. The difference is the * and what it all represents... just as:
Canon EF and Canon EF USM L, and Nikkor and so on.......

Not saying that i absolutely need "in lens motor" in the DA line, i'd also be happy with just WR.
But i believe Pentax someday will have to move forward with the zooms, and maybe stay with the screw for the Limited series (because of size and such.....)
QuoteOriginally posted by zackspeed Quote
In september at Photokina we will see a couple of new lenses and new aps-c bodys and the 645 with new lenses.
Also Tokina shows new lenses,and some glass in coproduction with pentax.
It looks like,that the DA*16-50 is going to be out of production,will see whats coming up for that.
Hope they bring a new one.

Best regards,Andy
Sound nice!
QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
Well, they better release DA* lenses with proper SDM.
Seems the just did, without any official statement about it. Is the new SDM currenlty being used to repair the "old sdm" problems??? Maybe....

Last edited by the swede; 07-11-2010 at 02:56 PM.
07-11-2010, 02:56 PM   #8
Pentaxian
Pål Jensen's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Norway
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,147
QuoteOriginally posted by zackspeed Quote
It looks like,that the DA*16-50 is going to be out of production,will see whats coming up for that.
Is it, really? Maybe the D-FA* 16-50/2.8 will replace it. In cooperation with Tokina.

07-11-2010, 03:01 PM   #9
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 527
DFA is not possible,not with 16-50
07-11-2010, 03:24 PM   #10
Site Supporter
i83N's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lithuania
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,154
Would be nice a remake of SMC Pentax-FA* 600mm F4 ED [IF] or other tele lens that bigger than 300mm
07-11-2010, 03:29 PM   #11
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 527
thats true....best will be a new converter......hope....hope....
07-11-2010, 04:05 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 5,795
I would like to see them update the FA 85mm f/1.4. A 130mm is an excellent people lens. Sigma is coming out with one so I guess that will have to do.

The new 100mm f/2.8 Macro is an excellent lens and I hope Pentax continues along this line with metal bodied high grade lenses.
07-11-2010, 04:07 PM   #13
Pentaxian
Pål Jensen's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Norway
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,147
QuoteOriginally posted by zackspeed Quote
DFA is not possible,not with 16-50
Actually, I was thinking of the D-FA* 16-28/2.8....typo...
07-11-2010, 04:16 PM   #14
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 527
But it´s a little short.And for 35mm and coproduct with......
07-11-2010, 04:22 PM   #15
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Posts: 535
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by zackspeed Quote
In september at Photokina we will see a couple of new lenses and new aps-c bodys and the 645 with new lenses.
Also Tokina shows new lenses,and some glass in coproduction with pentax.
It looks like,that the DA*16-50 is going to be out of production,will see whats coming up for that.
Hope they bring a new one.

Best regards,Andy
an 80-400 WR would be a dream come true
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
lenses, pentax news, pentax rumors
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pentax Km and old manual lenses: SMC Takumars & Tamron Adaptall 2 lenses Kendrick Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 10 04-14-2010 03:23 AM
For Sale - Sold: Yard sale: M lenses, K 300mm, DA 14mm, ME film body, Nikkor lenses and more Nachodog Sold Items 24 12-26-2009 12:03 AM
For Sale - Sold: Lenses, lenses, lenses... and a flash! pbo Sold Items 18 05-28-2009 04:35 PM
For Sale - Sold: M42 / K / KA / FA Lenses Grab bag of Vintage to Current lenses. 50mm FA f/1.4 MikeDubU Sold Items 10 02-09-2009 12:45 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:12 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top