Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-18-2010, 09:09 PM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
How do you know ..."...The CZ 85mm, 135mm and 24-70 are three best in class lenses..." ?

I haven't noted that in any reviews or tests ?
I own all three lenses in the Canon version, and while I think the 85L is better than the CZ 85mm, it is only because of the extra stop of speed and the better focus. The 135mm f/1.8 is better than the 135L. The 135mm CZ is just an outstanding lens. I have an older 24-70L and it has always been a little on the soft side. The CZ 24-70 is the sharpest of all the 24-70 lenses with the Nikon a close second. The Olympus 14-35 is sharper, but technically they are different focal lengths that provide the same FoV. The only thing about the CZ 24-70 is the bokeh can be a bit harsh.

One advantage that all three of the Sony lenses have is that they are all image stabilized on the A900, where as none of my Canon primes are stabilized.

Sony has some holes in their lens lineup, but those three focal lengths are my bread and butter, and Sony has done an excellent job with them. I'm not fond of the slow noisy screw drive AF, but it seems no manufacturer does everything right.

07-19-2010, 12:50 AM   #32
Inactive Account

I have heard that new Pentax equipment..specifically lenses and a DSLR body will appear in the Spring of 2011.

I'm sorry, but I can't divulge my source or sources.

I may have said too much already.

Let's just say that I know...and leave it at that.
Can you say with confidence in your source that this is true and will happen?

That would mean much to this forums as many here are waiting for things to come.

And not knowing "when" is frustrating for many.
If there was a date, we could resort to just wonder "what" the proucts are instead of "when" they will come.

That would be easier on our hearts! Its like waiting for a lost love. If i wait just a litle more she will come. If i move on, she could've have been here when im gone
07-19-2010, 02:15 AM   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Spring 2011 ? Maybe but other camera(s) before that IMO.
07-19-2010, 02:22 AM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Spring 2011 ? Maybe but other camera(s) before that IMO.
It's interesting how many people seemingly 'in the know' mention the spring 2011 date for a FF camera

07-19-2010, 04:23 AM   #35
Pentaxian

Collective dreaming?
07-19-2010, 12:33 PM   #36
Veteran Member

for sure
07-19-2010, 01:24 PM   #37
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by opiedog Quote
appear as in being available for purchase or just being introduced? so what about photokina? can we hope for some new dslr stuff from pentax?

what does your "source" say?
Sounds like available for purchase.

07-19-2010, 01:27 PM   #38
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by the swede Quote
Can you say with confidence in your source that this is true and will happen?
No I can't say with absolute confidence.
That would mean much to this forums as many here are waiting for things to come.

And not knowing "when" is frustrating for many.
If there was a date, we could resort to just wonder "what" the proucts are instead of "when" they will come.

That would be easier on our hearts! Its like waiting for a lost love. If i wait just a litle more she will come. If i move on, she could've have been here when im gone
I wouldn't base anything on...rumours...which is essentially what my info is, like all the rest.
I'm the type who never believes anything is for sure, until I see it in a camera store and actually handle .
07-19-2010, 01:35 PM   #39
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
It's interesting how many people seemingly 'in the know' mention the spring 2011 date for a FF camera
I don't know if Pentax will offer a FF camera in Spring 2011.

Rationale...Pentax has just brought out a new medium format...medium format will blow away FF in ultimate pix quality IMO. I have a medium format system...one Mamiya body, three lenses...normal, W/A, telephoto.

I think the only way Pentax will bring out a FF is if Nikon, Canon, Sony drop their cropped sensor cameras and their new lines...DSLR's ...become FF.

Then Pentax will have to get on the FF wagon in order to stay competitive with the biggies...Nikon and Canon.

This may happen IMO. I recently handled the small Samsung...with interchangeable lens. I could see this Samsung style camera taking over from entry to medium level DSLR's.

Then camera companies will focus on FF DSLR's , which will be for advance amateurs/ pros.

Where that will leave me and others with our many cropped format lenses...I dunno.

But I think this is what will happen within the next 5-10 years.

If I had to start over again...no cameras, no lenses....I think I would buy a Cabon 5D, Mk. 11 FF with the 17-40 L Canon W/A, the Canon F 5.6 L 400 mm, the Canon F 1.8 mm normal lens.
07-19-2010, 01:44 PM   #40
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I wouldn't base anything on...rumours...which is essentially what my info is, like all the rest.
I'm the type who never believes anything is for sure, until I see it in a camera store and actually handle .
Indeed, today's rumors may be worthless tomorrow. Pentax/Hoya might decide to withdraw things completely and start all over again.

DA 60-250 anyone? Of course it was brought out in the end, but in a different form.

What about the 1.4x SDM teleconverter shown at the 2008's Photokina? I have seen it with my own eyes, but it never materialized on the market. Too bad, as it will make all of my DA lenses... fullframe