Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-24-2010, 01:48 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax is unique, and that is why I like it. I don't think I will switch to Canon or Nikon, if I ever switch, it will be Leica.

I don't want Pentax become Canon and Nikon, it would be like asking Mac to become Windows, not fun, isnt it?

07-25-2010, 05:11 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
imho, it's pathetic. what he's saying, in a nuttshell, is that both nikon and canon would have to "go away" for him to consider anything else. it's not that he doesn't know other manufacturers, not that he's not familiar with their lineups to some extent, or that they are not making some fine cameras indeed (all of them, i daresay), it's just that he can't be bothered.

at the end of the day, any dslr would do. as a matter of fact, if none of them would be making dslrs, i would be using my old film slrs (ranging from praktica, minolta etc to a pentacon six). my point being: get over it, they are all good, we're not interested in your "personal choice i made for no particular reason whatsoever". make an interesting point if you're going to write something.
07-26-2010, 02:36 AM   #18
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
Pentax is unique, and that is why I like it. I don't think I will switch to Canon or Nikon, if I ever switch, it will be Leica.

I don't want Pentax become Canon and Nikon, it would be like asking Mac to become Windows, not fun, isnt it?
Not fun at all! The only thing I miss about pentax is 3rd party support for underwater housings and GPS Geotaggers. I love my K20D for who it it and I'm always gonna love Pentax if they keep being the niche product they are.