Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-18-2007, 06:58 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Is it just me or does this Pentaxian thing seem a bit like a cult? "I am a Pentaxian...all hail Pentax!!!" I think it is a good thing though, kind of like viral marketing.

I got my invite, so I think it must be connected with the Pentax photo gallery. It did get me thinking about why I switched from Nikon though, and why I feel so much more comfortable with Pentax.

08-19-2007, 05:47 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm just glad to see Pentax Marketing finally getting off their collective arses and doing some Marketing. Word-of-mouth among current users cannot build or maintain a brand in a vacuum. Pentax needs to get out in front of the photographic public and brag at every opportunity. At this point, the only cameras most people have ever heard of are canons and nikons. Its unfortunate that Paul Simon didn't sing about his "Pentax camera" rather than his "nikon camera" in 'Kodachrome'.

Of course, Pentax also needs to back up the marketing with product. They need to get cameras and lenses out on the street NOW. Production needs to keep up with the demand that is here and on the horizon. Otherwise the marketing will fail due to low or unavailability of the products. Ramp it up Production!

Does Pentax need to punch up the websites and ads? Yes! maybe some of the website design masters and graphic artists here on PF should write Marketing with suggestions about how to do it better rather than griping about it here. Who knows, you might get a fat contract to either help or outright design the sites and ads.
08-19-2007, 08:22 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Agreed that the invite is sent to those people who got accepted into the official gallery.

Roentarre, what if you simply write "Because my Pentax allows me to fully express myself." and then attach one of your wonderful pictures?