Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
07-28-2010, 02:34 PM   #196
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
something I haven't read yet are improvements for long exposures....as in dark-frame substraction improvements in shots over, as I recall, 30-seconds? Or do I have this misunderstood?

07-28-2010, 07:00 PM   #197
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by blende8 Quote
I hope, then, that it has again a bracketing button.
And SR switch.
07-29-2010, 12:13 PM   #198
music_lover

QuoteOriginally posted by Mark Morb Quote
As title...unconfirmed as of now but apparently from a very good source...and before you ask there is no full frame DSLR planned

k-rumors Blog Archive (k3) Two new Pentax K models?

could one of those Models be this Model in the link below

Pentax K30D (en)
07-29-2010, 02:25 PM   #199
Veteran Member

Nope....the new one have nothing to do with the old line K30
You will wonder whats up next

07-29-2010, 04:39 PM   #200
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by blende8 Quote
I hope, then, that it has again a bracketing button.
QuoteOriginally posted by Jodokast96 Quote
And SR switch.
LOL - Wait! It's starting to sound like a...K10D/K20D! Amazing how no complaints were registered regarding the size/weight/bulk of those cameras until after the K7 came out.

P.S. They also need to add a Full Frame Sensor!
07-29-2010, 08:59 PM   #201
Veteran Member

Of course not. You won't hear me complain about any of that now, either, except that I wish they were just a hair larger height-wise.
07-29-2010, 11:02 PM   #202
music_lover

QuoteOriginally posted by zackspeed Quote
Nope....the new one have nothing to do with the old line K30
You will wonder whats up next
Do you have inside knowledge that i won't be a K30?

07-29-2010, 11:20 PM   #203
emr

So at this time the rumors from different sources are getting more numerous and at least partly begin to support each other. So, provided that we're not taken for a ride, it seems that the new K-7 replacement will use a new 16 mp Sony APS-C sensor which has a much improved high ISO. Also, the AF will probably be improved and I guess there will be AF for video as well like the rumors say new Sony DSLRs will have. And that's pretty much it? Of course that's an improvement over the current K-7, but just small evolutionary steps and nothing revolutionary as many have hoped.

Obviously no FF in near future, which is a major disappointment to many. Also, not many signs of an imminent EVIL release. In addition to the the flagship above I assume we'll get a K200D-like mid-range compromise product.

If this is it, it's a minor disappointment IMO.
07-30-2010, 12:03 AM   #204
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
If this is it, it's my new dream camera, and I'll start saving
07-30-2010, 01:03 AM   #205
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
So at this time the rumors from different sources are getting more numerous and at least partly begin to support each other. So, provided that we're not taken for a ride, it seems that the new K-7 replacement will use a new 16 mp Sony APS-C sensor which has a much improved high ISO. Also, the AF will probably be improved and I guess there will be AF for video as well like the rumors say new Sony DSLRs will have. And that's pretty much it? Of course that's an improvement over the current K-7, but just small evolutionary steps and nothing revolutionary as many have hoped.

Obviously no FF in near future, which is a major disappointment to many. Also, not many signs of an imminent EVIL release. In addition to the the flagship above I assume we'll get a K200D-like mid-range compromise product.

Since the outing of the K7, many have agreed that Pentax works by pair of generations : *ist familly, K10D/K20D, K-m/K-x, it's an habit that have a lot of logics. Launching a trully new design cost a lot in terms of developments, and technology don't eveolve at such a fast pace that body can/should be redesigned everytime. Pentax always took their time to release a mature product, even when releasing something well though after with great ergonomics, thing can be improved. Evolution is not bad IMO, especially for a phiotographer there's minimal adaptation between generations, that how it goes for my K10D/K20D that can share, batteries, focusing screens and grips.

If Pentax releases a K7mkII with accessory compatibility, who will complain ? The ergonomics of this body are great. It's got all the bells and whisles that one can expect on a high end APSC body : 100% viewfinder, weatherseling, interchangeable focusing screen, magnesium body... Many hope for better AF, better low light performance and that's what the rumors are talking about. So, why complain ?

The only change on architecture that I may want is double SD slot. This is not something everybody ask for and even, this is not a deal breaker.

Frankly, I don't think Pentaxian would keep the fanboism much active if Pentax kept reinventing the wheel at every generation.
07-30-2010, 01:16 AM   #206
Veteran Member

So, provided that we're not taken for a ride, it seems that the new K-7 replacement will use a new 16 mp Sony APS-C sensor which has a much improved high ISO.
Wait, I thought it was a Canon sensor?
07-30-2010, 01:36 AM   #207
Veteran Member

Not bad
But you forget a couple of very nice features.
I take one at the first day...or before
07-30-2010, 01:52 AM   #208
Veteran Member

Not bad
I take one at the first day...or before
It's half the size of the K-7!

Whoops shit sorry Andy !! i let it slip
07-30-2010, 01:54 AM   #209
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by C.W Tsorotes Quote
It's half the size of the K-7!

Whoops shit sorry Andy !! i let it slip
you are a bad boy......a very very bad boy c.w.
07-30-2010, 02:00 AM   #210
emr

Now you're teasing us again!

"A couple of very nice features." Those are probably something that have been hoped for then.

Ability to turn off DFS is obvious, but is it really a feature?
GPS support?
Option to choose between SDM and screw mechanism? Unlikely, because then Pentax would admit there's a problem with SDM.
The new Sonys are rumored to have 7fps, I guess we'll see that too.

Last edited by emr; 07-30-2010 at 07:10 AM.