07-20-2010, 12:06 PM   #47

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Caat Quote
Essentially an upgraded K-7 could look like:

- New APS-C sensor
- Brand new AF system
increased fps to say 6.5 or thereabouts
- Increased flash sync to 1/250 or so
I'd see that as a valid upgrade from the K20D. But as ogl said, it's really not needed for better pictures.

QuoteOriginally posted by Caat Quote
After this you're out of the core photographic specs and into 'extras' such as

- An Super-AMOLED screen
- Improved video (granted that this could be drawn into the core specs for some people but probably not in this segment really)

Sure you can have a myriad of peripheral tweaks here and there but these aren't solid marketing hooks to my mind.

Pentax has a few interesting patents like in-OVF-EVF etc but these are currently just patents.
24p video would be nice, and a nice high bitrate too. That would mean more disk space, but what the heck...

And I'd add they must maintain and improve things like weather sealing (and proper sealed and locking doors, not the annoying door of the K-7), SR, the same grip and battery (please...not yet another combo!!!) and brighten the data display in the OVF - even make it auto adjust, or use incoming ambient to boost it.

One last thing... come back with some updates to the freakin' lens roadmap! Who cares if people start reading it like tea leaves... put some confidence back into the brands future!
07-20-2010, 01:09 PM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
i think k-x is only one pentax cameras with 12 mp sensor.
w90, x90, m90...
07-20-2010, 01:38 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cheekygeek Quote
Honestly, the K-x is nearly perfect. The only thing that I would like to see is the remote shutter jack back, a mic jack, and the battery grip & weather sealing I lost giving up the K200D.
My wife said the same thing(almost). Though she never cared for the grip. But she did say she wished it had weather sealing for the beach type of thing. Though earlier this month she handled a K-7 and really liked the look and feel. Since she doesn't care about ISO performance, I've been thinking of getting her one to replace her K-x with. - The unit is fairly compact and the price seem right.

07-20-2010, 02:06 PM   #50

K-r umors

QuoteOriginally posted by glasbak Quote
Yeah,
K-pop, K-lassic, K-rap etc.
Pentax 2 show they K-r (care) about their customers.
07-20-2010, 02:15 PM   #51

QuoteOriginally posted by RMabo Quote
Or why not call them K-John, K-George, K-Paul and everyone would have a laugh!
I would love to have one of those to use with the ring flash K-Ringo

/Tommy
07-20-2010, 03:09 PM   #52
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
any bets the next "pro" body will be best called the K-ludge...?

07-20-2010, 03:31 PM   #53
Banned

What would be the limit for our PRIME-II processor? Can it handle fullHD movie at 30 fps or 60 fps? Or is it the limitation we have to live with for the coming years?
07-20-2010, 04:14 PM   #54
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RMabo Quote
There are indeed new cameras coming, but names are tentative until release.
Pentax could call the K-7 replacement/upgrade for K-3 and then a K-5 fits perfect.
K-3, K-5, K-x...

Or the new upgrade to the K-7 could be called K-5, but then the new in-between can't be called K-7 because that already exist. So what to name it? K-10?

But K-5, K-10, K-x - is not appealing estethically. 10 is X, capital x, in roman numbers. 'x' - lower caps x - is too close to capital X.

Or why not call them K-John, K-George, K-Paul and everyone would have a laugh!
Or K-Billy, K-Bob, K-Roger... Personally I would wote for K-Sarah, K-Denise and K-Isabel

i bite on my tongue this moment....
You have almost the correct number sequence
07-20-2010, 04:43 PM   #55
Veteran Member

It would be oKay!! the new name.
07-20-2010, 05:28 PM   #56
Veteran Member

A week or two ago, I heard a name / codename for a new promising SLR camera from internals at Pentax.

It is not on the list within this thread.

This makes me quite confident that nobody here knows anything. Esp. not Quesabesde, K-Rumors or a certain Norwegian troll (aren't they all Norwegian btw? ).

I can only say: Real rumors are easily identified. Remember Mr. Blurrycam?
07-20-2010, 06:39 PM   #57

Jopy?

Hi Falk,

Are you talking about Jopy? I noticed a few months ago he was putting a Leica M9 (the only camera that I know of that uses the Kodak CCD FullFrame Sensor) through its paces.

I know Jopy uses a lot of cutting edge equipment but my curiosity was peaked by what I observed. There was also a rumor quite awhile back that Hoya/Pentax may be working on two FullFrame DSLR's, a high spec model (Video, LiveView, etc.) that would require a CMOS sensor. There might also be a lower spec'd model without Video, LiveView, etc. That's where a less expensive CCD sensor (Kodak?) might come in.

Am I way off course? These are just my speculations based on rumors and personal observations.

Regards,

A.

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
A week or two ago, I heard a name / codename for a new promising SLR camera from internals at Pentax.

It is not on the list within this thread.

This makes me quite confident that nobody here knows anything. Esp. not Quesabesde, K-Rumors or a certain Norwegian troll (aren't they all Norwegian btw? ).

I can only say: Real rumors are easily identified. Remember Mr. Blurrycam?

Last edited by Angevinn; 07-20-2010 at 06:47 PM.
07-20-2010, 06:47 PM   #58

Whatever be the case, let neither of them be name 'k-o'.
07-20-2010, 06:51 PM   #59
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Tommy Quote
I would love to have one of those to use with the ring flash K-Ringo

/Tommy
yeah, that has a nice "ring" to it

but seriously, i hope for a k200 upgrade.
top LCD, af points for the critical folks, weather sealing

AND

f2.8 center point AF sensor w/ predictable AF tracking

and AA batteries or at least a grip that takes AA batteries
07-20-2010, 06:59 PM   #60

QuoteOriginally posted by Angevinn Quote
I'm over APS-C!

When are we going to get a FullFrame DSLR from Pentax? Is the rumor true about Spring 2011?

I wouldn't bet a single penny on that rumor. Hoya just added a second camera system (645D) to Pentax's current one (APS-C). I think they need time to harvest the profits from this new system before investing in a new body and lens format.

But Spring 2011 might be the time when they announce that they'll soon think about starting the developpement of a full frame camera.

But who knows? Maybe they actually will announce the release of a full frame camera. I sure hope so, but I don't expect this to become reality before 2013-2014.

On a side note, I do know a bit about one of the two models to be announced at the Photokina. I can't say much, since I have agreed not to talk about it.

But I can officially confirm it will be an APS-C DSLR.