Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-28-2010, 05:08 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Dear Pentax,

I have 4 DA Limited lenses patiently waiting for a camera (with a K-mount adapter) like this.

Make the camera WR and release a line of DA WR Limited lenses for the reduced flange distance and I'll buy the whole shebang to complement my K20d and K-x.

Thank you.
I have an E-P2 and it's an awesome camera. I haven't even used my Pentax gear except for the lenses with the Novoflex adapter for several months. If Pentax released something like this I would pre-order immediately.

Contrary to what some people think the image quality on the E-P2 is outstanding and with the viewfinder it's easier to manual focus than any of my Pentax cameras.

Count me as one of the people who has absolutely no interest in a Pentax full frame camera.

As an FYI, you can use your DA Limited's on the E-P2 with the Novoflex adapter. It has an aperture ring for lenses without one. Great product, extremely well machined. I liked the K mount one so much I got an M42 also. They cost a bit more than some of the other adapters but they are worth it.

07-28-2010, 10:48 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
Interesting looking design, do you do stuff like this for a living? Have you considered the flange distance in your pictures? A new shorter one? And the mount type?

There are rumors of EVIL too, but pretty vague and even more tentative than the DSLR rumors.

I'm not too worried about a shorter flange distance in a new camera of this type - legacy glass focussing past infinity could easily be rectified with an extension tube. The fix would be so cheap that Pentax could supply one with every camera, just to keep the detractors at bay.

Then they could get on with building new glass for it - probably using their existing c-mount optical formulae.
07-28-2010, 10:58 PM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
The bane of the current M43 crop has been lack of a built-in flash on early models. It was by far and away the #1 complaint stalling sales.
All Panasonic micro 4/3 cameras have had a built in flash.
07-29-2010, 04:57 AM   #19
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by i83N Quote
If Pentax makes EVIL system the killer feature could be wireless EVF.
AKA wireless tethering?

Nice. Control my camera from my iPhone. The one that I will purchase one the death grip is solved and I give a hoot.

Last edited by Aristophanes; 07-29-2010 at 06:51 AM.
07-29-2010, 06:09 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
iPhone it's not very hands free. Imagine an eye patch like this
07-29-2010, 12:49 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Another hint or another tease...

07-29-2010, 12:52 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Here's the original of the picture. No thanks John!

07-29-2010, 02:08 PM   #23
Forum Member

I don't think Pentax will abandon current lens lines.

07-29-2010, 04:35 PM   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
Here's the original of the picture. No thanks John!
Good catch!
07-29-2010, 05:19 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Nice drawings, but please don't tarnish the LX name by putting it on a stinking Less-Than-Half-Frame mirror and viewfinder-less camera. That proud name should adorn ONLY a FF dSLR of professional grade.
07-30-2010, 01:59 AM   #26
Veteran Member

I actually fiddled with a Panasonic G10 yesterday because a friend of mine wanted a camera that she could use with her Zeiss lenses for the Contax/Yashica mount (she owns a Contax 167MT). And since those lenses are not easily mouned on Pentax DSLR's, I had to - shocking! - suggest something else than Pentax.

Now, I can understand the appeal of micro 4/3 - but what I didn't liked was the tiny little ectronic viewfinder. It was too small. Felt much more easy to use the back LCD, but problem with back LCD is that in bright sunlight it is not so useful so one ends up with using the tiny little EVF...

Those micro cameras without a viewfinder are hardly useful IMHO, and those extra little monitors that can be mounted on their hotshoes makes the cameras unusable with an external flash. A no-no for me. (plus that they looks so ugly with a monitor mounted on top).

If Pentax ever makes a micro mirrorless DSLR, please keep a viewfinder and make it bigger than the competition uses today.

The Pana G10 felt more like a p&s digicam with interchangeable lenses than a DSLR and true photographic tool. Ideal as a family still and video camera with a nice "just grab and shoot"-approach, but not a camera for me.
08-13-2010, 08:00 AM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
With adapters for auto-aperture, auto-focus. Likely a new micro k-mount would be necessary, and lenses designed for that mount.
Yes, all adapted PK/AF lenses need to be 100% compatible from the start... Not like Oly, who did not see the potential users using existing 4/3 lenses they already owned on the m/43 body.
08-14-2010, 06:38 AM   #28

Original Poster
:O I'm to busy at university atm and overwhelmed from the work.

QuoteQuote:
Are those first ones actual watercolours, or done in software?
I never tried a watercolours technique, but I think it is tricky but not impossible.
Normaly the Workflow is more simple: >pencil sketches (Ideas etc.) > Sketch > software > colour > shadows & highlights.

regards,
Adam
08-14-2010, 07:10 AM   #29

QuoteOriginally posted by RMabo Quote
I actually fiddled with a Panasonic G10 yesterday because a friend of mine wanted a camera that she could use with her Zeiss lenses for the Contax/Yashica mount (she owns a Contax 167MT). And since those lenses are not easily mouned on Pentax DSLR's, I had to - shocking! - suggest something else than Pentax.

Now, I can understand the appeal of micro 4/3 - but what I didn't liked was the tiny little ectronic viewfinder. It was too small. Felt much more easy to use the back LCD, but problem with back LCD is that in bright sunlight it is not so useful so one ends up with using the tiny little EVF...

Those micro cameras without a viewfinder are hardly useful IMHO, and those extra little monitors that can be mounted on their hotshoes makes the cameras unusable with an external flash. A no-no for me. (plus that they looks so ugly with a monitor mounted on top).

If Pentax ever makes a micro mirrorless DSLR, please keep a viewfinder and make it bigger than the competition uses today.

The Pana G10 felt more like a p&s digicam with interchangeable lenses than a DSLR and true photographic tool. Ideal as a family still and video camera with a nice "just grab and shoot"-approach, but not a camera for me.
You picked the wrong camera........
Out of ALL of the micro 4/3 camera, the G10 has the WORST EVF by a long way. In my opinion, it just about not useable.
It is NOT indicative of the brilliant EVF in the G1, GH1 or G2.

And in fact form a size point of view, the view though the EVF in the G1, GH1 or G2 is BIGGER than most the OVF of the APS-C cameras including Canon, Sony, Pentax, a lot bigger than the Olympus 4/3, and even a fraction bigger than the OVF on the Nikon D90.
08-14-2010, 07:23 AM   #30
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RMabo Quote
IMO a combined EVF/flash unit would be ideal for these type of cameras.
To include a small flash in the EVF unit would not have to make it much larger, and both EVF and flash should be powered by the camera.