Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-28-2010, 04:41 AM - 2 Likes   #1

Pentax mirrorless/Evil system rumors!?

Hello Pentaxians,

is there any rumors about mirrorless Pentax Camera? I read all the time K7Sup. K5, K300 and all the dreams but nothing about mirrorless system camera. It looks like Pentax is ignoring this market completely. Or I miss all interviews, where Evil was mentioned.

Is there any rumors about Pentax mirrorless system camera?

I thoughth I could also post my product design drawings of mirrorless Pentax camera, which I already posted in DFN Forums in january this year.

Nothing special to it, APS-C Evil camera. Waiting for some years for such a camera I though I could draw one, by using existing elements buttons etc.

It is sad about Pentax not making a step in this Market
Regards

Attached Images

Last edited by Adam B.; 07-28-2010 at 05:15 AM.
07-28-2010, 05:15 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
no pics
07-28-2010, 05:21 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Nice effort. The bane of the current M43 crop has been lack of a built-in flash on early models. It was by far and away the #1 complaint stalling sales.

Pentax is no more ignoring the EVIL market than Canon or Nikon. It's difficult to see where this market is going. The EVF is the major issue as it is nowhere near as competent as an OVF. They are near blind in low light or very bright light.
07-28-2010, 06:11 AM   #4
emr

Interesting looking design, do you do stuff like this for a living? Have you considered the flange distance in your pictures? A new shorter one? And the mount type?

There are rumors of EVIL too, but pretty vague and even more tentative than the DSLR rumors.

07-28-2010, 06:23 AM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

it hope they wouldn't use the name L-x for EVIL camera. i say it should be called M-x - since original MX was designed to be as compat and portable as possible.
07-28-2010, 06:36 AM   #6
Veteran Member

A pentax EVIL needs weather sealing. That is something that would set it apart from the crowd right now...that would be the perfect hiking/trekking companion. And of course awesome pancakes (also need weather sealing on these). Pentax already shines with the pancakes so they should have no problem delivering in that respect.

Oh, and about the onboard flash: I, for one, am all for leaving it off. Personally I don't use onboard flash enough to warrant the extra bulk/space taken up, especially on a compact like this.

Nice designs btw.
07-28-2010, 06:42 AM - 1 Like   #7
Inactive Account

Really awesome work....but

Put an rangefinder on the top and a FF sensor inside. The first FF EVIL-RF with proper macro lenses and the possibility to use tele lenses beyond 135mm using LV, and a video mode.

07-28-2010, 07:02 AM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by eigelb Quote
Really awesome work....but

Put an rangefinder on the top and a FF sensor inside. The first FF EVIL-RF with proper macro lenses and the possibility to use tele lenses beyond 135mm using LV, and a video mode.
Not a bad idea at all. The 645D will kill Leica's S2 at 1/2 the price. Why not a FF EVIL by Pentax for half the price of a Leica M9 too?
07-28-2010, 07:57 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Damn nice work, there! Are those first ones actual watercolours, or done in software?

What a first post....
07-28-2010, 08:03 AM   #10
Veteran Member

I think that Pentax would be smart, should they make an EVIL, to emulate the body of the 110. I know they have a PnS right now that looks like that but if they made it a regular EVIL, I think it would sell well.
07-28-2010, 09:54 AM   #11

especially since it needs the market share and EVIL seems to really be taking off. 20% of the Japanese market is micro four thirds and growing.
07-28-2010, 10:07 AM   #12
Inactive Account

evil lenses

Would Pentax be able to build a evil camera that uses their current lens line up. I don't know anything about how that works but if it could be done that would put pentax ahead of the others.
07-28-2010, 10:19 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fishman Quote
Would Pentax be able to build a evil camera that uses their current lens line up. I don't know anything about how that works but if it could be done that would put pentax ahead of the others.
With adapters for auto-aperture, auto-focus. Likely a new micro k-mount would be necessary, and lenses designed for that mount.
07-28-2010, 10:46 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Dear Pentax,

I have 4 DA Limited lenses patiently waiting for a camera (with a K-mount adapter) like this.

Make the camera WR and release a line of DA WR Limited lenses for the reduced flange distance and I'll buy the whole shebang to complement my K20d and K-x.

Thank you.
07-28-2010, 02:17 PM   #15
Veteran Member

If Pentax makes EVIL system the killer feature could be wireless EVF.