Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2010, 08:03 AM   #136
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by C.W Tsorotes Quote
I should add the lightning shot was originally in RAW and was pretty washed out and overexposed, amazing what I was able to recover from the K-7's poor DR./
Cracker shots! Amazing images.
How on earth did you time the lightning shot?

08-03-2010, 08:10 AM   #137
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Cracker shots! Amazing images.
How on earth did you time the lightning shot?
Purely luck, that shot was a 30'sec exposure, I just had the camera sitting on the ledge of my terrace and kept triggering the shutter each time till I got decent shots, I took about a dozen or more only about 2-3 came out good

When first saw the RAW I didn't even know if I could salvage the image and the histogram was very far to the right, amazing what a few sliders in ACR can fix other than fixing the blown highlights and upping the saturation the image is very much original.
08-03-2010, 08:23 AM   #138
Site Supporter

did your friend from mactan say what new AF goodies are going to be in the K5, Kr ?
49 days till photokina
08-03-2010, 08:35 AM   #139

Sorry, but I don't see Pentax announcing a replacement for the recently updated K-7.

The recent shift by Sony away from building FF sensors pretty much kills the chance of a FF K-7 Super. Unless somebody else steps up to the plate (Kodak perhaps?) it's safe to say we'll continue to see APS-C sensors in Pentax models for the foreseeable future.

If there is a big announcement on September 21, my money is on Pentax bringing the 645D stateside, along with some lenses to help round out the system.

Any other announcements will be in the form of point-and-shoot, lenses, and accessories.

08-03-2010, 09:28 AM   #140
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pixel Pusher Quote
Sorry, but I don't see Pentax announcing a replacement for the recently updated K-7.

The recent shift by Sony away from building FF sensors pretty much kills the chance of a FF K-7 Super. Unless somebody else steps up to the plate (Kodak perhaps?) it's safe to say we'll continue to see APS-C sensors in Pentax models for the foreseeable future.

If there is a big announcement on September 21, my money is on Pentax bringing the 645D stateside, along with some lenses to help round out the system.

Any other announcements will be in the form of point-and-shoot, lenses, and accessories.
Or could those updates be features that were worked on for a new body? All "rumors" seem to point to a body above the K-7 (which will remain in production).

Who knows? Well, we'll find out for sure next month.
08-03-2010, 10:16 AM - 1 Like   #141
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pixel Pusher Quote

Pentax has said in interviews that they have 2 bodies to release this year. I would expect to see them at Photokina.

So far the rumors of Sony abandoning FF are just rumors. Sony just released a FF prime lens in July. Primes are a good indication of where a company is going because they are very specific is their use and market. One of the big indicators that Olympus was abandoning 4/3 was the fact they stop developing prime lenses. Sony has implied that the A900 is on a 3 year update cycle so don't expect a replacement until next year. I'm not convinced Sony is out of the FF market. The lack of an A700 replacement is what puzzles me the most. I think Sony screwed up.
08-03-2010, 11:23 AM   #142
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by C.W Tsorotes Quote
Yes, will be announced at Photokina September, est release date is October. Not sure of the Australian date yet.

K-5 Pentax new flagship, basically the best of the K-7 plus more.
K-r Pentax new low-mid end model, best of the k-x plus more.

hmmh
08-04-2010, 12:14 AM   #143
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zackspeed Quote
hmmh
Confirmed by a local source who works for ************ he's going to let me know when we get it here in Oz ASAP

08-04-2010, 05:42 AM   #144
Veteran Member

08-04-2010, 06:02 AM   #145
Veteran Member

nein!!!!!
08-04-2010, 06:38 AM   #146

Es tut mir leid ich verstehe nicht
08-04-2010, 06:52 AM   #147

I agree totally with obheng...

naturlich!
08-18-2010, 09:53 AM   #148
music_lover

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
I agree, but the last 3 cameras K-x, K-7 & 645D all have sensors made by different companies. We know it will not be Kodak, but Samsung and Sony are strong possibilities. Panasonic and Fuji both need buyers.
The Camera that comes out next I feel will will have a Sony Chip just as Pentax did with K-x.
Apparently the Sony is a better Chip then the Samsung as far as High ISO goes.
Nikon is also using Sony, so Sony is having a preety good succes as far far as chips. But as far as their Cameras go, we'll have to wait and see what the A700 Replacement does or goes.:ugh:
08-18-2010, 09:58 AM   #149
music_lover

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Then what is in the pipeline? A Canon-sensor (EOS-1D Mark IV) would be great to get.
Don't count on it?
08-18-2010, 10:08 AM   #150
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kricha6431 Quote
The Camera that comes out next I feel will will have a Sony Chip just as Pentax did with K-x.
Apparently the Sony is a better Chip then the Samsung as far as High ISO goes.
Yeah, they've got that figured out, but I hate the soft low iso of the kx. Even the high iso is "clean", but faaaaaar from sharp. It just looks smeary like a nikon does. I hope if they use a sony chip they put more emphasis on image detail, sharpness and low iso IQ. That has always been the Pentax way. The K10, K20 and K-7 were all a bit under their ocmpetitors in high iso, but blew them out of the water below iso400. The K-x represent a departing from that method, and I don't like it. I prefer detail, sharpness and low iso IQ, and I don't mind giving up a stop below the competition of high iso to get it.